Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-20-2021, 12:15 PM
PWSteele PWSteele is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 21
Default

Oh day of days... I switched from an IHC to a WRA that shipped today!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-20-2021, 02:12 PM
macgunner01 macgunner01 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSteele View Post
Oh day of days... I switched from an IHC to a WRA that shipped today!!!
Did they call you to ask if you wanted to switch? And if they did, did they say that IHC was backordered, or totally unavailable?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2021, 07:13 PM
PWSteele PWSteele is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgunner01 View Post
Did they call you to ask if you wanted to switch? And if they did, did they say that IHC was backordered, or totally unavailable?
I called first... They weren't sure when they would be able to fit the order, so my thought was, I would rather have a rifle in hand than one on order.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-20-2021, 09:32 PM
Nostromo Nostromo is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSteele View Post
I called first... They weren't sure when they would be able to fit the order, so my thought was, I would rather have a rifle in hand than one on order.
I’m sorry to hear that, I felt your IHC order was close enough to mine that you’d get one pretty soon. Congrats on the WRA though!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-20-2021, 11:16 PM
PWSteele PWSteele is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 21
Default

The WRA one will have a bit of history that the IHC wound not... I still want one though, as my wife's family were all farmers and some used IHC stuff... I will most likely put in for one again next year
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-22-2021, 05:05 PM
Jorjenboy Jorjenboy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 21
Default

Yeah... I put in an order for an IHC SG in January and had to call about a credit card fraud issue last week... While talking I was told the IHC SG was on back order and had no fill date but was told they had SA SG in stock to ship so I said sure... She called me back a few minutes later and said they had a few IHC FG if I was interested and I said yes Ma'am... I got it a couple days ago and am very pleased! Now to figure the history out...

https://imgur.com/VgdXcmZ
https://imgur.com/dkNm13B
https://imgur.com/VHPA7CD
https://imgur.com/OrFPf6Y
https://imgur.com/AMJAU9O
https://imgur.com/RSqPx66
https://imgur.com/vRGQBNp
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2021, 05:17 PM
Ronwall Ronwall is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Commonwealth of Kentucky
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorjenboy View Post
Yeah... I put in an order for an IHC SG in January and had to call about a credit card fraud issue last week... While talking I was told the IHC SG was on back order and had no fill date but was told they had SA SG in stock to ship so I said sure... She called me back a few minutes later and said they had a few IHC FG if I was interested and I said yes Ma'am... I got it a couple days ago and am very pleased! Now to figure the history out...

https://imgur.com/VgdXcmZ
https://imgur.com/dkNm13B
https://imgur.com/VHPA7CD
https://imgur.com/OrFPf6Y
https://imgur.com/AMJAU9O
https://imgur.com/RSqPx66
https://imgur.com/vRGQBNp
That's an interesting rifle. Definitely a classic mixmaster and probably like most M1's it's been rebuilt. The stock is very interesting. It's a right side stamped San Antonio Arsenal with a prefix rebuild stock. They're not rare but you don't see a lot of them either. What kind of barrel and op rod does it have?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-05-2021, 12:36 PM
Jorjenboy Jorjenboy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
That's an interesting rifle. Definitely a classic mixmaster and probably like most M1's it's been rebuilt. The stock is very interesting. It's a right side stamped San Antonio Arsenal with a prefix rebuild stock. They're not rare but you don't see a lot of them either. What kind of barrel and op rod does it have?
Barrel was 2SA 4/44
OP ROD: D35382 SA

Looks like the only piece that was IHC is the actual receiver... I am happy with it so far but still haven't had a chance to shoot it yet!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-06-2021, 06:39 AM
Space Duck Space Duck is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
Default OCB (Obsessive Compulsive Behavior)

I too must stop looking on the CMP site for any action on my RM1SERVICE order. It just drives me crazy looking on the New Order Timeline thread - finding orders placed at the same time as mine, watching those orders seemingly fly through the process in comparison. I suppose I should realize that eventually my order will process, ship, and get delivered - and this will happen completely independent of how many times I check the bloody store! I need help!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-06-2021, 10:47 AM
Mad Anthony Mad Anthony is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 23
Default

I've been fairly good about not checking the e-store obsessively. However I have been perusing the New Order Timeline thread pretty often. Going from that I figure the time between "order packet delivered to CMP" and "rifle in hand" is about 3 months. Since my order packet arrived there on March 15 I figure my rifle will arrive around mid-June, give or take. I don't think there's much chance of that changing, so it's just a case of hurry up and wait.

In the meantime I've been doing some reading since I'm brand-new to M1s. And learning what I can from hanging around here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.