Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2021, 05:35 PM

Default New Old Guy from the Space Coast

I just placed my order last week for an M-! Garand. I have wanted one for years and decided to take the plunge when I saw the Field Grades available. Now for patience. Something I'm low on, but I think I'll do OK.

I've got an Inland M-1 Carbine (serial number shows early 1945) a friend sold me about 10 years ago. He let me have it for $125. The only problem with it was it had been painted an ugly beige color. It took a bit of work to strip the paint and get the wood back to what it should be, but I think I did a fairly decent job on it. So, looking forward to having a big brother for it.

Looking forward to learning a lot from all your experiences.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:36 PM

Welcome crgator,
You can help time waiting for your rifle by searching to ammunition , it may be a little hard to find at present. Good luck with your first M1,hope its a nice one. regards, Eddie
Old 05-12-2021, 08:01 PM

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here. That carbine sounds like a deal even with the elbow grease required for cleaning it up. Why in the world would someone paint it beige??
Old 05-12-2021, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSAGuy View Post
Why in the world would someone paint it beige??
Apparently, he had given it to his (eventually ex) girlfriend, and she didn't like it the way it was. So, her brother painted it for her. When they broke up, he got the carbine back, but he didn't want it any longer. As I recall, he wasn't happy when the brother committed a heretical act on it.