Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
A question for the group- are they going electronic this year? If no, I'd definitely want to get squadded with someone I know can pull targets well.
A few years ago they said the NTI was supposed to be all electronic in 2021.
I have mixed feelings on e targets. The pits ard half the. Experience of a highpower match in my opinion . But e matches give shooterx more time e to prepare for shooting. They are also very nice in the rapids.

I'm shooting an XTC match at perry in June. Maybe we will get some intel about the nationals at that time.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebes405 View Post
A few years ago they said the NTI was supposed to be all electronic in 2021.
I have mixed feelings on e targets. The pits ard half the. Experience of a highpower match in my opinion . But e matches give shooterx more time e to prepare for shooting. They are also very nice in the rapids.

I'm shooting an XTC match at perry in June. Maybe we will get some intel about the nationals at that time.
I'm with you there. Shooting service rifles and working pits along with military participation is what gave these matches their very unique feel.

Allowing scopes and all sorts of aftermarket doo-dads was bad enough, but the thought of losing the pit experience, particularly at Perry, is a very sad notion to me.

And what's the up-side? Get the match over faster? Why would I want to do that? I'd like the world to slow down a bit. A few long hot days at Perry are often the very medicine the doctor ordered.

Anyhow, no sense lamenting changes that haven't taken place yet. I'll be at Perry for the P100 and the NTI. Can't wait!
Old 05-30-2021, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ0608 View Post
...Allowing scopes and all sorts of aftermarket doo-dads was bad enough, but the thought of losing the pit experience, particularly at Perry, is a very sad notion to me...
Anyhow, no sense lamenting changes that haven't taken place yet. I'll be at Perry for the P100 and the NTI. Can't wait!
I definitely “get” what you mean about working in the pits. There’s bullets going 3 feet over your head, at about 3000 ft./s, and you’re perfectly safe!
Everybody should work the pits at least once! That’s said, the sport is changing and continuing to change. The electronic targets cut the time of the match in half, and I believe, attract More new people to the sport.

Example: at the CMP Eastern games, which has used electronic targets for several years, I have shot five rifle matches, with five different rifles, in two days! Even though these were 30 shot “games matches”, there’s no way I could’ve gotten that many matches in in two days if we were working the pits.

Regarding the use of scopes and other “doodads”: the service rifle has evolved since 1881. Our sport must reflect what Army and Marine infantrymen use currently in warfare. And it does.

Best regards.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. You can find it online.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:59 PM

Anyone know if there will be a commercial row this year?
Old 05-31-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
Anyone know if there will be a commercial row this year?
Yes, there will be a Commercial Row this year.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:18 AM

From the CMP National Matchs website:
https://thecmp.org/competitions/matc...w-information/

DRAFT vendors list:
https://thecmp.org/wp-content/upload...endors2021.pdf
Old 05-31-2021, 09:43 AM

Thank you! Was kind of hoping to see Bula on there.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:52 AM

Are they still on? I think the CMP should offer weekly updates in case the current idiot-in-chief orders a new covid hoax and we get the rug pulled from under us. If there is no commercial row, no food, half capacity ranges and no scoring of targets because we cannot go near each other it going to be a weird year.

Maybe we wait until 2022?
Old 06-15-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonegunman View Post
Are they still on? I think the CMP should offer weekly updates in case the current idiot-in-chief orders a new covid hoax and we get the rug pulled from under us. If there is no commercial row, no food, half capacity ranges and no scoring of targets because we cannot go near each other it going to be a weird year.

Maybe we wait until 2022?
Everything seems to be a 'go' except camping. Wish that would have opened up as I'd save a ton of money. Wife is coming along so huts / barracks are out and hotel rates are crazy high.

With the election well behind us, I wouldn't expect any state or federal ordered lock-down shenanigans.
Old 06-15-2021, 09:47 AM

Hi All,

lonegunman brings up a GREAT point that has bothered me & others for a few years.

I attended years ago where we could get a nice SIT DOWN meal at a fair price. We attended again in 2019 The only thing open at Camp Perry was one food truck that had no real selection & was usually cold or over cooked & ALWAYS over priced. ( Aug. for the vintage Springfield match's & rattle battle match's)

I understand the massive effort required for a short time need & required clearances to sell food on base. How many shooters have to go off base & waste more time have a good meal in town.
Has anyone on base looked into a drill about the time of the CMP Match's to supply food to local residents in case of a natural disaster? I'm sure the cost of the food would be offset with a profit to the MWR & everyone wins!

Good luck this year,
broomhandle