Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2022, 02:55 PM

I just use money orders or checks. I am patient.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-OH View Post
My thoughts mirror yours exactly. If I'm buying something here on the forum I have no issues sending a check, Zelle, etc. From a business on GB or wherever, in a case where I can pay via credit card and have the protection it affords , no problem... If I'm buying an item from someone I don't know, It looks like Guntab would be my best bet to do so safely.

I shipped my item to my buyer this morning. Came home and added tracking to the transaction on Guntab. They in turn notify the buyer (I'll send him a pm as well). When the buyer receives the item, they will check it off on Guntab as delivered satisfactorily, then Guntab will release funds to me.
All in all it's been a fairly painless process on my part as a seller. Maybe ElmosBoy will chime in to add his view as buyer.
It has been easy & informative. Guntab has informed me of each step via email.I suppose from a seller's perspective, you could save some time by letting them handle the communication. All in all it's been much easier than trudging to the Post office, buying a money order, & mailing it into oblivion....And Paypal got ZERO activity from either of us. It would be even easier if I signed up for an account, but would have to be more popular to make it worthwhile...
Old 03-10-2022, 08:03 AM
GSM Master Instructor

Some may remember the "GunPal" fiasco from about 10-12 years ago. Worked well until the change to "GPal". Many, many people scammed and money trapped forever. I had about 600 (I think, can't remember exact amount) I couldn't get back for a long time.

PS: I am a bit gun shy (pun intended) on these things as a result.

Mike B
Old 03-10-2022, 11:13 AM

I spent the last 30 mins or so looking over the guntab website and this has potential. Right now they have ONE API available for website integration for online e-stores running Woocommerce. What this means for those non tech people is you as a website owner can process payments via guntab instead of PayPal or your own visa account.

I haven't looked to see if they have apps for IOS or android available.

Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)
Old 06-28-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripton View Post
To be clear, this is NOT the case with Friends & Family, which is the way most folks do business on here.

Wanna bet? In 2015 PayPal 1099ed me. I think their reporting threshold at the time was $10,000. I just went over. More than half of it was F&F transactions. Incoming money is incoming money.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spt_1955 View Post
Sorry but i must strongly disagree. I am not a dealer and anything I sell on this forum is a personal sale. So I am not lying. I am admitting that I am not engaged in for profit commerce which this government we live under considers taxable.
This government considers ANY sale you make of ANYTHING to be a taxable event. You donít have to be a dealer on anything. It doesnít matter if itís your old car, your old golf clubs, an extra garand, or your old underwear you sold in a garage sale. They are all taxable income. If you sold anything for more than you paid for it, you are obligated to pay tax on the difference. If you lost money, you need to prove the loss
Old 06-28-2022, 10:58 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANinMICH View Post
This government considers ANY sale you make of ANYTHING to be a taxable event. You donít have to be a dealer on anything. It doesnít matter if itís your old car, your old golf clubs, an extra garand, or your old underwear you sold in a garage sale. They are all taxable income. If you sold anything for more than you paid for it, you are obligated to pay tax on the difference. If you lost money, you need to prove the loss
absolutely true fact - in some jurisdictions even the state tax agents attend flea markets + yard sales making notes of license plate + house numbers , if they see same sellers more than once a investigation is started to see if seller has a valid tax id number to ensure taxes are being paid - in some cases reports are made to the IRS -

Last edited by schutzen-jager; 06-28-2022 at 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-30-2022, 12:10 PM

GunTab is not set up for C&R FFL03 transactions. An FFL03 would have to use an FFL01 to make a purchase or sell directly to another FFL03 which defeats the purpose of having an FFL03.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGreene2 View Post
GunTab is not set up for C&R FFL03 transactions. An FFL03 would have to use an FFL01 to make a purchase or sell directly to another FFL03 which defeats the purpose of having an FFL03.
I contacted GunTab's support and posed the question to them. Straight from the horses mouth:
Hi Steve,

​Unfortunately GunTab does not yet support C&R (Type 3) FFLs. This is because BATF does not publish data for C&R licensees, which makes them difficult for GunTab to recognize, and we have not yet seen enough demand for C&R transactions to invest in building support for them. That means C&R transactions must be handled like modern firearm transactions in GunTab, meaning they must be transferred through a non-3 FFL.

Best regards,

Dan, GunTab Support Team

Thanks for the heads up LGreene.
Seems to me that we need to start sending some emails to GunTab requesting they support 03's if they want our business.

I also sent a email asking Guntab to re-think this stance on not supporting 03's.
Just got back this reply. Maybe it helps to complain?:
Hi Steve,

I hear you. I've just added your comment as a "vote" for our product team to see. They use customer feedback to decide what to build next, so your comment will help guide them.

Thanks for using GunTab.

Best regards,

Dan, GunTab Support Team