Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2022, 11:33 AM

Just left the TMP. It’s pretty quiet right now and plenty of Garands left ! There’s about 6 double racks.
3- double racks Field and RackGrade IHC and WRA outside the store front.
3- double racks inside of Service SA a few Service IHC and WRA. It’s mixed some too with Field and Rack.
Behind counter is a pretty good bit of SA Rack plus and 10-15 Expert Grade with new CBI barrels.
2-M1-C Field Grade.
They have extra people from the CMP there tohelp out. Pretty good group of guys to talk with. Still some pretty good rifles left. It’s worth a trip if you’re thinking about coming to Alabama.

Last edited by lumpywolf223; 11-17-2022 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 11-17-2022, 04:26 PM

Thank you! Wish I knew this yesterday morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
Win 13's would be WRA serials in the 1.6 mil serial block. Just look for it on the hang tag.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:58 PM

Has anyone visited since the last update on the 17th?

Thinking of stopping by after the holidays.
Old 11-23-2022, 02:18 PM

I went there Saturday morning for the first time with my father. The racks inside the store were full and there were a bunch of nearly full racks out front as well. Several hundred rifles with all grades available. I took home a service grade Winchester and IHC. They had at least two M1Cs as well but I didn't look at them.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2022, 02:37 PM

Ditto, Saturday rack might not have been as full as day of restock but there was still a lot to choose from. Garands of all makes were present in varying condition. If you aren’t too far I’d say it’s worth the trip. A lot of the service grades were sold but still plenty of fields and rack grades, some in surprising condition.
Old 11-23-2022, 02:57 PM

Yeah really just looking for a rack / field.

Looks like they are open on Black Friday, so thinking of making the short drive over from Atlanta.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:26 AM

Iím stopping there Saturday on my way through Alabama. If you visit Friday please let me know what I should expect to see! Thanks!
Old 11-27-2022, 08:45 AM

Visited yesterday morning on my way through Alabama. Lots of rifles available - maybe 200 or so? I didn’t count. The vast majority of them are rough, though. A few good looking ones if you’re willing to overlook a few bad parts or don’t mind a replacement stock. Lots of VAR barrels, one rough WRA barrel on a nasty SA receiver, one 10-41 barrel, a couple stocks with cartouches, 3 with lock bar sights. A few rough looking 6m SA. IHC, WIN, and SA available. Almost every rifle has parts finished with that awful black paint.

I almost took home an IHC field grade with a like new VAR barrel but wasn’t wild about the finish on the receiver. It was the nicest of the IHC available in my opinion, with a DAS marked stock, but the finish on the receiver was just too iffy for me. I really wanted a Winchester but didn’t find one I liked. While my paperwork was being run I looked through the racks one more time and found a service grade SA Sept. 1941 6 digit with a receiver in fantastic shape. No putting at all and the finish is in great shape. No new CMP park. It has a replacement stock and great looking parts, VAR barrel, and PB gas cylinder. I’m very happy with it - just needs some finish work on the CMP stock.

Last edited by Flintlock; 11-27-2022 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:02 PM

Default 11/27

Was at the store this morning. Pretty much same as prior post in this string. I found the selection while high in quantity, depressing in quality. I did not buy a rifle. I did see 3 or 4 with NM op rods. Hoping the selection at the SS for the two day sale is better.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:07 PM

Still one rifle per day?