Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2020, 10:58 AM

Seems kind of stupid to me to fail to support the one organization that has been successful in supporting our gun rights over the years, just because it is not perfect, and has not been able to prevent anti gun politicians from taking over in every area of America. The NRA was not able to prevent many laws from passing in California, but they still file lawsuit after lawsuit in an effort to keep some of them from taking effect, and these lawsuits have been effective in many cases. When anti gun laws end up in the supreme court, it is always the NRA who takes the lead and the other groups just join in with support.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:08 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to OldGrouchyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothemax View Post
At least the GOA is fighting. NRA has been quiet in a lot of the recent attacks on the 2nd.
I'm a lifetime NRA member and I feel the same way you do.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimit View Post
The GOA may be far more active, but the NRA is far more effective. The GOA just does not have enough numbers to be an effective lobby. You never hear any members of congress mention the GOA, but you often hear the anti gun congressmen blame the NRA for taking a stand against anti gun legislation.
If more people joined the GOA they could be more effective! Being retired and on a fixed income, I have to be careful where I through money. I feel the GOA is a much better use of these dollars.
Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN 69-70 View Post
I humbly have to agree with this statement....sad but....my opinion (at least here in Virginistan)
Sad part is they will probably claim credit for today's 2A victory here in Va.

They'll never get my money again.
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM

Another vote for GOA.
Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thMARDIV View Post
Sad part is they will probably claim credit for today's 2A victory here in Va.

They'll never get my money again.
When the NRA planned a rally that was going to compete with the strong VCDL rally being planned I sent an email telling them if they split a strong ongoing effort Id never give them a dime.

I get it the NRA is the elephant in the room. Its failure would be a huge anti victory but they have made themselves suspect by their own membership through their wasteful ways and lack of effectiveness. They have been too compromising with nothing ever in return.

The stories of their internal financial malfeasance are just more nails in the coffin.

Go back to basics teach firearm safety, teach firearms proficiency, promote firearms education, do not compromise anymore until the law abiding start getting some of their rights lost in previous compromises.

1986, 1968, 1934 are all one sided.