Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2023, 09:57 PM

Looks fine from here. Enjoy. A replacement slide is not a WWII slide, but it is a USGI slide. That is all that was promised by CMP.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:42 PM

For a replacement, that's a pretty good looking slide.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:06 AM

My wife got a beautiful RR in round one, looks like new. I got a rebuild similar to your wife's for my round one. Initially I was disappointed but the more I thought about it the more I came to appreciate what it really was. My "mutt" shows evidence of three different rebuilds and the only original part left looks like the frame. What that tells me is that my pistol has seen serious use as opposed to sitting in a NG armory for it's entire life.

My 1911 was rebuilt right after WWII (Frank Krack), again in 1975 and then based on the replacement parts sometime in the 80's. What I considered a Mutt, I now consider a Warhorse and I'm good with that.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:25 AM

If it were mine the slide would have to go. Non WWII slide will hurt the value if you decide to sell later on.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcc View Post
If it were mine the slide would have to go. Non WWII slide will hurt the value if you decide to sell later on.
Not everyone agrees with that blanket statement.

I'd much rather the slide that's on it than a poorly-matching replacement found on the internet.

Spending money to put a Rem Rand slide on it when it's obviously been through multiple rebuilds and refinishes doesn't necessarily add enough value to even cover the cost of the slide.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:19 AM

I don't think it's a good idea to destroy the pistols service build with replacing the slide with an unknown slide that may or may not be compatable. It was built and test fired during it's service life with the Isreali USGI "TZ" slide while in the military. But if you still can't stand it at least sell it (The "TZ" slide) to someone who wants a tough built one.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:55 AM

From what I am seeing and hearing SOME TZ slides that come with these CMP freshly reparkerized service grades, the shade of color is on the lighter side? So this may be a way to distinguish it as a CMP slide? So in future comparison
you'll be able to distinguish a CMP service grade reparked TZ slide making it more valuable. Maybe... They look like 1911s made out of clay, thats got to be a CMP slide. I seen guys mentioning oiling them down to change the color or shade to their liking. Just observations, not to be a negative comment.

Last edited by goufyarlo; 01-25-2023 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2023, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goufyarlo View Post
From what I am seeing and hearing SOME TZ slides that come with these CMP freshly reparkerized service grades, the shade of color is on the lighter side? So this may be a way to distinguish it as a CMP slide? So in future comparison
you'll be able to distinguish a CMP service grade reparked TZ slide making it more valuable. Maybe... They look like 1911s made out of clay, thats got to be a CMP slide. I seen guys mentioning oiling them down to change the color or shade to their liking. Just observations, not to be a negative comment.
These are not CMP slides. They are USGI slides procured by the military and installed as replacements while the 1911s were in military service. A pistol may have these slides that did not come through CMP.
CMP does not (at this time) install slides on the 1911s.

JH
Old 01-27-2023, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalliman545 View Post
Should have bought one from the auction if you wanted collectible.

I disagree. Everything coming out of CMP is collectible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2023, 08:17 PM

I was bummed about my slide but now I love it. I did find a USGI National Match bushing and it did tighten up already decent groups. I bought an Ithaca slide to have , but I love having a hardened slide to actually shoot . The idea of having to worry about my slide cracking is not attractive for me.

I love my chrome lined barrel. After hemming and hawing, Iím content with what I have . Itís fine. My 1944 Ithaca slide is no where as nice as the Numax slide which is scratch and gouge free.