Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Fog, I think you hit it, there were probably fewer standard barrels and they were cheaper to start with. I was hoping for a USMC but settled for an HB since that was what was left. I am sure the HB will shoot better than the USMC but I have been wanting one since the last time they were offered and I didn't make the mail order "cement mixer" lottery. Oh, well.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 PM

That's why I went with the shortened stock version. How can she argue with "it's for the kids!"
Old 12-03-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
Something I had wondered; why did the regular barreled rifles go quicker than the HBs? Is it a matter of lower available quantities or a weight thing?
I suspect the regular barreled guns went first because of both lower quantity and lower price.

I got a HB from one of the previous batches and it's a beast. Weighs in at 12 pounds and is only marginally more accurate than my H&R. Both rifles shoot around 3/8" groups off the bench at 50 yards.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:26 AM

Woohoo! Got my order in tonight for a 40X heavy barrel. Wish I could have got a standard barrel before they sold out, but I'll take what I can get.

How many people bought sights with their guns? I know zero about the sights offered so I just ordered the rifle alone. Feeling like I might regret that decision later.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:57 AM
CMP Board Member

yep - for the first few minutes it was like the crowd trying to get into retail stores on Black Friday - tore the hinges off the doors.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:35 AM

FYI- I have one of each, USMC standard barrel and a heavy barrel. Both shoot the same, wonderfully. There never were very many of the USMC rifles so whoever got them must have been camped out in front of the computer for days. Any 40x is a score and at those prices it's an early Christmas. 2T
Old 12-03-2009, 12:10 PM

Actually, I didn't order mine till about 2:30 CT, but then I don't have one in hand yet.
Ken S