Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 05:56 PM

# 569227
ordered 12/4/10
shipped 01/15/10

My slings shipped several days ago and they were ordered on 12/10/10. I am all caught up now, except for 2k rounds of 30 carbine. Next will be HRA service, when they come availabe, and some bayonets.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickVS View Post
Ordered 12/4
DBU 12/07
CC Hit 12/22

Still nothing!

What a lousy day - the Ford dealer decided to go ahead and do $300 more work than they quoted, I have to pay it to get my truck out and still no news on the 40X, while people who ordered after I did, whose credit cards were hit after mine and who have a higher order number are getting theirs. Boo hoo, boo hoo. I think I'll go eat some worms.

Must be saving my order for that LNIB rifle.....
Guess what!?!?! My order number is lower than yours, my order date is earlier than yours, and my standard barreled receiver arrived today... with about 8" of muzzle length missing, no crown, and not even a square cut. Oh, there are three off-center holes drilled & tapped for a front sight - I guess.

My HB rifle didn't even make it to NJ - it's stuck somewhere in Memphis. FedEx says they MAY be able to deliver it tomorrow, if it comes in a "Saturday freight" container, otherwise it'll get released on Monday.

And I fly out of town on business for 2 weeks on Sunday afternoon.

Can't win them all, I guess.

Last edited by vans; 01-15-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:20 PM

Well, I just received shipping confirmation, expected delivery Jan 18 by 10:30 AM. I guess either crying or worm-eating worked....
Old 01-18-2010, 03:22 PM

RickVS,

How does your rifle look? Hopefully you got a nice one to compensate for the long wait. Mine arrived today. Metal looks pretty good with no major marks. Serial number on the bolt matches the receiver. Barrel date code PL for June 1964. The stock is another story entirely. It looks like someone went after it with a belt sander. Major cross grain sanding marks all over. The only spots not touched are the ejection port cut out, top of the pistol grip behind the tang and just behind the bottom of the grip. Several small bump marks but no major gouges. There doesn't appear to be any finish except for the unsanded spots. The color is so dark and muddy that you can't even see the grain. Pictures later.

Kerry
Old 01-19-2010, 12:17 AM

Hi, Kerry - my stock is pretty dinged up, too. A chip/chunk missing from the right front of the groove on the comb, a few deep dents, lots of scratches, a couple places look like they were filled with wood putty and a dark oil finish that masks the grain. I was somewhat disappointed after seeing some of the really nice ones posted here and on rimfirecentral.com. The metal is actually very good, though. It certainly does not match the condition of the stock! The bolt number does not match the receiver and the stock is not numbered. The stock is not bedded, but the barrel is free floated. The breech face area looks pristine and the crown is great.

However - it shoots most excellently! Several groups under 1/4 inch today at 50 yards.... The stock will clean up and I will do a little work on the trigger. The trigger is clean and crisp at about 1 1/2 pounds.

After shooting it, I couldn't be happier!