Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2013, 06:02 PM

PM Sent to you TommyT
Old 11-26-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Baydog, it is pretty cowardly to challenge someone from a distance of 1000 miles away If I was closer I would woop ya down though
BOYS, BOYS, BOYS...there are several forums, ( the high road.org being on of them ) that have on line .22 matches. Log in, print off a target, shoot it...being honest, and end the bickering. On that forum everytime some on get the mine is better then yours, I point out I haven't seen a target posted yet.

And I for one WILL say match ammo out performs standard or bulk ammo hands down, I've seen it and tried it in indoor 4 position shooting. If it didn't no one would pay 2 to 4 times as much for it.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbineone View Post
That is why I asked above. If you bothered to read my whole post, you would have seen I asked if it was supposed to be something special, hence the pricing.

It is still over priced ammo in my opinion. It is by the way, essentially Wolf ammo in a different box. It may or may not shoot better for you than a cheaper brand. All .22s like their special ammo. This stuff may shoot pretty good in one Firearm. The next it may very well be lousy and cheaper ammo will out perform it. On top of that. Most cannot even shoot to the Firearms full potential anyway. More expensive ammo is not going to help.

I do not fall for these match ammo gimmicks..You need to find the best ammo for your rifle. You may very well find cheaper ammos such as CCI, may just outshoot the expensive ammo in your rifle..I have found CCI ammo will outshoot or match Wolf in alot of my .22s

Do a little searching on 22 ammo tests and you find out some astonishing facts about the so called "match ammo"
Shooting match ammo out of a standard 22 rifle isnt worth the extra cost
Match ammo in a rifle that can shoot, well you see the results
8rds
100yds
inch group
Kimber 82
Iron Sights
Wolf Match
Old 11-27-2013, 06:14 AM

Talk to your legislators and Congressmen,its not the companys fault your state has obstacles to do business with. I can hardly blame any biz nowadays for not wanting to take a chance on getting into trouble with a state that has issues regarding ammunition sales regardless of where they may be. Your legislators need to make clarification to the laws in the meantime these guys are great to do biz with,TU

Last edited by TOMMYT654; 11-27-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford8nr View Post
BOYS, BOYS, BOYS...there are several forums, ( the high road.org being on of them ) that have on line .22 matches. Log in, print off a target, shoot it...being honest, and end the bickering. On that forum everytime some on get the mine is better then yours, I point out I haven't seen a target posted yet.

And I for one WILL say match ammo out performs standard or bulk ammo hands down, I've seen it and tried it in indoor 4 position shooting. If it didn't no one would pay 2 to 4 times as much for it.
I'm not bickering with anyone....I've earned my small bore classifications...
Old 11-27-2013, 11:52 AM

Update: after Bullets.com canceled my ship to CA order I tried Ventura Munitions yesterday and the order is supposed to be here today!. Plus, they are in Las Vagas so I'll be able to make a trip out there soon!
Old 11-27-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedtheshooter View Post
Update: after Bullets.com canceled my ship to CA order I tried Ventura Munitions yesterday and the order is supposed to be here today!. Plus, they are in Las Vagas so I'll be able to make a trip out there soon!
It really is the pits that certain states have messed up buying guns and ammo.
The cost for a 1000 rds from Bullet.com is $128.95 shipped and from Ventura it is $177.61 which really bites Cost $2.43 more a box...
Old 11-27-2013, 01:52 PM

Yah,All that uptick in pricing will go away soon I hope and let pricing get back to normal,Glad Ted got some anyways
Old 11-27-2013, 06:29 PM

Default Ammo price

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotafish View Post
It really is the pits that certain states have messed up buying guns and ammo.
The cost for a 1000 rds from Bullet.com is $128.95 shipped and from Ventura it is $177.61 which really bites Cost $2.43 more a box...
Well, I got the ammo and yes it's more expensive but better than seeing 'Out of Stock' over and over!
I had been waiting for Champion Shooting Supply to start stocking ammo but decided to grab some while I can.
People that didn't stock pile will do so when stocks return and that will cause more shortages for some time.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedtheshooter View Post
Well, I got the ammo and yes it's more expensive but better than seeing 'Out of Stock' over and over!
I had been waiting for Champion Shooting Supply to start stocking ammo but decided to grab some while I can.
People that didn't stock pile will do so when stocks return and that will cause more shortages for some time.
Glad you were able to get some. Strange how a supplier in Nevada can ship to Calif, but one in Missouri cant. As Tommy has said, this is a brand new thing for this company and I am sure there is alot of things that need to be worked out.