Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-09-2015, 08:07 AM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,993
Default opptions for sight set up for 200 yards

I have a Rem 513t with a redfield rear sight and a olympic globe sight up front marked 50 yards. I want to play in 200 yard 22 league. I need about 7-10 moa to get out to 200 ( I think) right now Im maxed out on elevation. The 513 front globe sits on top of a base that I cant see getting any lower. it screws onto the barrel where the front blade sight used to be
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Scout706 Scout706 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 495
Default

Is the globe concentric? If it is off-center vertically, could you flip it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2015, 09:59 AM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,993
Default

this is what I have

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Scout706 Scout706 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 495
Default

I thought it had inserts. Flip the insert.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2015, 12:05 PM
edlmann edlmann is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lovely downtown Central Florida
Posts: 5,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
I have a Rem 513t with a redfield rear sight and a olympic globe sight up front marked 50 yards. I want to play in 200 yard 22 league. I need about 7-10 moa to get out to 200 ( I think) right now Im maxed out on elevation. The 513 front globe sits on top of a base that I cant see getting any lower. it screws onto the barrel where the front blade sight used to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
this is what I have


I took the liberty of cropping your picture. I do have a couple of questions before going further:

1. Is that your exact front sight setup, to include the base?

2. What Redfield rear sight are you using?

Pictures of both front and rear sights on the rifle, including the bases, would help a lot.
__________________
I love the smell of MRT in the morning - it reminds me of . . . wet canvas."
I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.
2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2015, 12:43 PM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
I took the liberty of cropping your picture. I do have a couple of questions before going further:

1. Is that your exact front sight setup, to include the base?

2. What Redfield rear sight are you using?

Pictures of both front and rear sights on the rifle, including the bases, would help a lot.
I will work on getting actual pictures of the sight, currently I don't have a digi cam or PC.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2015, 08:16 PM
captaincalc captaincalc is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,244
Default

You can bring up the rear sight or bring down the front. Get a spare front post and whittle it down, little by little, which was my first 1000yd solution for my CG63. OR a clear disc insert - drill a new hole about halfway between the center hole and the bottom. OR raise the rear sight. I used a piece of 1/8 inch aluminum stock with real good effect. Drill a couple of appropriate holes to match up with the rear sight holes, install with longer machine screws. The numerals on the sight won't work any more - you'll have to sight it in then mark down which yard mark works best at two hundred. As I'm in Apple land the standard trajectory programs don't work in my computer - if you're in the same boat, maybe someone here can crank out how much (inches, mm or whatever you use) you'd have to raise the rear sight to get on paper at that range.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2015, 08:22 PM
edlmann edlmann is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lovely downtown Central Florida
Posts: 5,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
I will work on getting actual pictures of the sight, currently I don't have a digi cam or PC.
Cell phone pics will work for my purposes.
__________________
I love the smell of MRT in the morning - it reminds me of . . . wet canvas."
I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.
2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2015, 09:36 PM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
Cell phone pics will work for my purposes.
Im technically challenged at the moment. Way behind the technology.
My phone can take pictures but I can not send them to anything anymore?
Not sure what happened.

My 10 year old PC burnt out. I have no clue how to post pics from my kindle?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-10-2015, 12:55 PM
edlmann edlmann is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lovely downtown Central Florida
Posts: 5,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
Im technically challenged at the moment. Way behind the technology.
My phone can take pictures but I can not send them to anything anymore?
Not sure what happened.

My 10 year old PC burnt out. I have no clue how to post pics from my kindle?
You clearly require invervention by a snarky tween.

__________________
I love the smell of MRT in the morning - it reminds me of . . . wet canvas."
I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.
2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.