Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2021, 07:01 PM

Default SEI Muzzle Brake

Any of you gentlemen have any experience with the SEI NM configured muzzle brake? Any particulars about function or installation?
Thanks and God bless.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:25 PM

I've installed several and they work fine. I like that they mimic the dimensions of the original flash suppressor.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:28 PM

yes. i have a couple of them on my m1a's and they work very well eliminating muzzle rise and mitigating recoil down to .243 level. my personal recommendation is for the "coast guard" style brake which is the same length as the m14 flash hider. as with any brake, you will get some increased side blast but it isn't great.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:50 PM

Thank you for the inputs. I had ordered a NM configured brake from SEI but Iíve heard nothing from them for over a month. Sent a couple e-mails etc. I elected to get one from Brownellís. Arrived yesterday after about three(?) days. I will put it on this evening. Hope to try it out tomorrow. Iíve never used a muzzle brake before. New rifle, new brake. Early b-day presents! Lol
God bless.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:23 AM

I had time to put a few rounds of MAL surplus through the new rifle and brake. Interesting time. The brake definitely makes a difference in felt recoil. Sounds different as well.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:05 PM

Not sure on this, but think I saw somewhere that they are not Service Rifle legal in case you're a highpower shooter.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:45 PM

From the little I know of these two SEI brakes for the M14 one is a bit larger than the other. The smaller profile one is more similar to the standard flash suppressor. I donít know if they perform differently. I read that the smaller profile one is match legal. It definitely feels different. I have been told it sounds different to folks alongside as well... Itís an experiment as much as anything else. Thank you for the info. Be well, God bless.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:59 AM

Well...since service rifle competition is hardly service rifles anymore, its humorous a SEI brake is of concern. That said, its sad the M1 and M14 have but evaporated off service rifle competition. They were true service rifles .