Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2009, 04:38 PM

I plan to hand carry mine down next Friday (11 Dec), on the way home from TDY. I ordered on 12/2, so I have until 12/16 to turn in the paperwork.

Any excuse to visit the store!

"Life is Good!"
Old 12-05-2009, 05:11 PM

Mine went out about noon of the 2nd via priority, fron Texas. Delivered, ANNISTON AL 36207 12/04/09 10:11am
Old 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM

Ughh, I forgot to factor in the holiday mail rush - thanks guys! now I won't be able to sleep until I get my DBU........
Old 12-06-2009, 03:17 PM

75% of the time I never even get a DBU email. Even checked my spam folder every day on past rifle orders. ! As long as I get my order I am O.K.!!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:54 PM

Email received yesterday confirming order
Old 12-07-2009, 01:26 AM

I got a DBU about 5 min after I reserved an HB. A few minutes after that I ordered front & rear sights and got a DBU for them as well. I snail mailed my paperwork. Like others have mentioned I saw no need to expedite the application as the rifle was already reserved.

On my other three rifles I have ordered recently, I snail mailed the paperwork and they all arrived like clockwork. Thanks to the folks at the CMP.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe wilson View Post
I got a DBU about 5 min after I reserved an HB. A few minutes after that I ordered front & rear sights and got a DBU for them as well. I snail mailed my paperwork. Like others have mentioned I saw no need to expedite the application as the rifle was already reserved.

On my other three rifles I have ordered recently, I snail mailed the paperwork and they all arrived like clockwork. Thanks to the folks at the CMP.
You got order confirmations and not DBU's. I got those also.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiDodgeguy View Post
You got order confirmations and not DBU's. I got those also.
OK, then what is a DBU?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Here is the last one I reciever for a previous order.

We have received and verified your recent order. There is nothing that we will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders received ahead of yours into the system. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that unless otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 30-60 days. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is 207XXX The order will not show as pending until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order number to it. If you have any problems doing this, please let us know.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program.

Melissa Smith
CMP Customer Service
256-835-8455 ext 1141
msmith@odcmp.com
Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Ken,

It's a "don't bother us" email.

They send an email to let you know they rec'd and are working on your order and to not contact them to inquire as to the status, they'll contact you. It keeps their phone from being needlessly clogged with questions as to when it ships. That said if you have a problem like you suddenly have to move or need to cancel the order or have them hold shipping when you're travelling out of town, by all means call them, they'll help you out as best they can.