Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun View Post
MXLMAX
Email customer service,They lost an order of mine once..Had I not emailed them I may have never got my order.
I e-mailed them this morning, to soon for an answer. My order was for multiple rifles so it looks like I might just save two grand!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:20 PM

Well, maybe the e-mail worked.......my 3 Oct / 24 Oct DBU order just went open and CC hit this afternoon for a HN SA '03, SG 1917, SC '03A3, RA 513T and an H&R M12. I thought my right back pocket was getting a little warm. I have never had a problem with a CMP order and I know to be patient but reading about those 4 and 5 Oct orders shipping made me think something was wrong. It all turned out.......as long as the rifles aren't like the fellows 513T just posted in the "smallbore" section!
Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXLMAX View Post
It all turned out.......as long as the rifles aren't like the fellows 513T just posted in the "smallbore" section!
You are probably talking about the 513T that I received. Well I have too much invested in it to part it out. So I am determined to restore it and put it back in action. I have already started and I now have it functioning again, after doing some metal work and replacing some parts. Now I just have to make it pretty again, but it is going to take a great deal of work to get it that way. Like I said I am determined because it is to be a Christmas gift and I didn't think I would get one in quite this condition.

Will post some photos when it is finished.

Jim
Old 11-29-2011, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
You are probably talking about the 513T that I received. Well I have too much invested in it to part it out. So I am determined to restore it and put it back in action. I have already started and I now have it functioning again, after doing some metal work and replacing some parts. Now I just have to make it pretty again, but it is going to take a great deal of work to get it that way. Like I said I am determined because it is to be a Christmas gift and I didn't think I would get one in quite this condition.

Will post some photos when it is finished.

Jim
Jim,
FWIW, the first rifle I ever fired as an eight year old, was a 1946 RA 512P (tube mag model) that my Father bought new shortly after WWII. I always loved that rifle and still have it and will not part with it. The 513T uses that same receiver and I think bolt albeit with a target handle. You will not be disappointed with your rifle. Its not a 40X or a 52D but it ain't chopped liver either. Your efforts will be rewarded with a pretty dang nice and accurate rifle and you will know that you made it that way. All the best.
Randy

Last edited by MXLMAX; 11-29-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM

Randy,
I have a RA 512P that was mfg in 1949 I traded a guy a worn out 6HP Wizard outboard motor for it when I was 19 yrs old (1964) and it has always been a good shooter. I also have a 40XB mfg 1965 and it is a very accurate rifle.

As for the RA 513T, I have been busy working on it and I think you are right it is going to be a good looking rifle. If the stock wasn't so dinged and dented it would look great as the wood is tiger stripped in the butt area. I want the cartouche to remain in tact but it is very lightly stamped, so there will be no dishwasher to get those dents out. Just a little steam is all it will get and then some BLO.

http://postimage.org/image/zcsffu66t/

Jim

Last edited by bigbird; 11-30-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTenn59 View Post
Took pot luck after debating if i needed anything more than the M44 I already have. Mailed snail mail on October 4. Received DBU today (11-4-11). Looks like I'm getting that H&R M12 after all.

Now I need sights and most likely a scope.

Order confirmation came today, CC hit as well. Supposed to ship in the next week or two. Great news!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Order confirmation came today, CC hit as well. Supposed to ship in the next week or two. Great news!!!!!!
A week or two my eye......FedEx notice today that it is on the way for delivery tomorrow! I was hoping it would get here before we took off for Christmas.

Thank you CMP!!!!!!!! (insert happy dance here)
Old 12-01-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
A week or two my eye......FedEx notice today that it is on the way for delivery tomorrow! I was hoping it would get here before we took off for Christmas.

Thank you CMP!!!!!!!! (insert happy dance here)
Old 12-01-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm View Post

That's me. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Minor scratches on wood and barrel. Bolt and receiver serial numbers match. Looks like it has not been fired very much.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...9/101_4208.jpg