Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 08:54 AM

Any updates from anybody? I still have not heard anything from when I dropped mine in the mail on the 10th. I did not expect any news until today or tomorrow given the rush on the 6 Million series and the Remington .22LR ammo. I would like to see pics if anybody has recieved theirs, just to keep me excited!

Thanks,
SMAWman
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM

Pics of the latest offering would be nice for sure...

WWG1WGA
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 AM

Mine, that my agent picked out on Wednesday, was delivered today. I'll try to get pictures posted this evening.

Well received my new Kimber last night. Sri no pictures as of yet as I can not find my rifle-taking camera (the one I learned how to manipulate in Manual mode for best color tint and photo-taking of the rifle and close-up shots).

But, beautiful metal, a little surface rust on the bolt rotating lug (?), reddishe VCI dust in the chamber ramp (wiped off with finger), no other rust spots.
Nice mediium brown/dark grained stock with mottled grain edges in butt (nice look, both sides) and just two one inch long barely scratched the wood razor cuts (you have to hold the stock at just the right angle to see).

Basically, the same sort of "rusty" appearance as we saw back in the day. I say send in your orders !!!

Last edited by baron555; 10-17-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:57 PM

anybody that sent in a mail request for an 82g receive any correspondence yet? Sent mine in any anxiously waiting for over a week now.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmudave View Post
anybody that sent in a mail request for an 82g receive any correspondence yet? Sent mine in any anxiously waiting for over a week now.
Nope.......snail mailed mine in on Monday, October 8 for 2 rusty Kimbers.

Haven't heard anything yet.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmudave View Post

I haven't heard a peep on my kimber order and don't expect to for some time.
Any time there is a big run on ammo and rifles the cmp machine gets a little slowish. Then add in the fact they released all this stuff (rifles&ammo) right before the western games and you have what is affectionately known as the "CMP PERFECT STORM". People place orders frantically(next day air,fedex,ups, carrier pidgeon, you name it, the cmp computer servers take a dump, cmp customers place multiple orders on accident (I saw during this round of 22 ammo one guy placed his order over 60 times before realising his folley), people go berserk wondering did get my order in in time?, where is my dbu?, ect... ect... ect...

The CMP sales are the most fun firearm/ammo sales events out there period. Just watching these guys drive themselves insane is priceless!!! I try to enjoy these as much as possible knowing that one day the cmp well will run dry and these sales will be a thing of the past and that will be a vary sad day. Thanx to everyone for the entertainment.

HILLER.............................
Old 10-16-2012, 08:15 PM

Does the CMP keep the orders that are mailed to them, in the order they receive them?

I hope they don't just throw all of the orders in a box and mix them up!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatiep View Post
Does the CMP keep the orders that are mailed to them, in the order they receive them?

I hope they don't just throw all of the orders in a box and mix them up!
In the past, they have sorted them by date received, and then worked on them in that order. That was the case with the bolt actions, anyway.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiller View Post
Any time there is a big run on ammo and rifles the cmp machine gets a little slowish. Then add in the fact they released all this stuff (rifles&ammo) right before the western games and you have what is affectionately known as the "CMP PERFECT STORM". People place orders frantically(next day air,fedex,ups, carrier pidgeon, you name it, the cmp computer servers take a dump, cmp customers place multiple orders on accident (I saw during this round of 22 ammo one guy placed his order over 60 times before realising his folley), people go berserk wondering did get my order in in time?, where is my dbu?, ect... ect... ect...

The CMP sales are the most fun firearm/ammo sales events out there period. Just watching these guys drive themselves insane is priceless!!! I try to enjoy these as much as possible knowing that one day the cmp well will run dry and these sales will be a thing of the past and that will be a vary sad day. Thanx to everyone for the entertainment.

Great post, Hiller. Pass the popcorn and I'll sit back and watch the "show" with you....
Old 10-17-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiller View Post

Kind of neat being on this end of a CMP sales thread... I live close enough to make the round trip drive in 4.5 hours (includes purchase), however I do not have the time to make the trip, thus my first mail order rifle with the CMP. For me, it is not when I am going to get a Kimber, but more like 'if' I am going to get one. If I do not get a Kimber I may search out an M12 or similar platform... in reality, I should probably just save my coin if this all falls through.

...but yes, very entertaining to say the least.

WWG1WGA