Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2021, 01:49 PM

Lightbulb NM Collector Software CP v. 0.5 available for download

It's been a while since I checked in. I have posted several blogs that might be of interest to all of you.
  1. Version 0.5 is now available
  2. Update on Virus and Malware Scanning
  3. Virus and Malware Detection

In case you missed them, some other blogs that may be of interest to you include the following.

Thanks again for your support!
Old 08-22-2021, 05:21 PM

Well, from the little I've been playing with v0.5.0, it looks like you squashed most of the bugs from the Linux version. The only issue I had was when deleting an item or a collection, the confirmation box would open collapsed maybe only 10-20% of the time.

All the fillable form fields seemed to operate and save data properly, the data sheet exported correctly.

A very minor thing I noted with the last version and same with this one, after importing my JE database the picture sequence is shifted over by about 3 pics. So I need to go through all the items and set sequence numbers to get them back in the order I like. (they are exported by JE in the correct order)

Will/can you have a way to move an item from one collection to another?
Old 08-22-2021, 07:08 PM

Okay, perhaps I am being dense, but besides the free version, I think the Java version is the one that can be used for other collections?

I don't understand the ones that cost money with more features? (that is the one I want)
Old 08-22-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Well, from the little I've been playing with v0.5.0, it looks like you squashed most of the bugs from the Linux version. The only issue I had was when deleting an item or a collection, the confirmation box would open collapsed maybe only 10-20% of the time.

All the fillable form fields seemed to operate and save data properly, the data sheet exported correctly.

A very minor thing I noted with the last version and same with this one, after importing my JE database the picture sequence is shifted over by about 3 pics. So I need to go through all the items and set sequence numbers to get them back in the order I like. (they are exported by JE in the correct order)

Will/can you have a way to move an item from one collection to another?
Once again thanks for your feedback. Sorry I missed the picture issue. I should be able to load them in the same order as they were exported. I like your idea of moving an item from one collection to another. That will be a very useful feature!
Old 08-22-2021, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimar_police View Post
Okay, perhaps I am being dense, but besides the free version, I think the Java version is the one that can be used for other collections?

I don't understand the ones that cost money with more features? (that is the one I want)
Sorry for the confusion. The JE version (with all of the features) is old, clunky, and reached the end of its useful life. The new CP version is currently free because it is still under development. Once I have developed enough features to be approximately equivalent to JE I will start charging for it.

You can start using CP now as I develop it. I am working to protect your data even as I develop it but there is always the possibility that some data may be lost. However, the risk of lost data is minimal so I would encourage you to start using CP and give me your feedback as I develop it.

Thanks for asking!

Clay

Tags
a&d, bound book, c&r, gun collecting, gun collecting software, gun collector software, gun inventor software, software