Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2021, 07:15 PM

Do you see any error messages in the terminal window when you try to load a .jpg image?
Old 08-09-2021, 03:16 PM

Talking New Linux Version Uploaded

This release addresses the issues @stingray found. Please download from our store at https://www.nmcollector.net/product-...tware-cp-linux. Please note, .jpg images are loading fine when I test it. If they don't load for you please let me know along with a description of what happens as best as you can describe it.

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmCollector View Post
Do you see any error messages in the terminal window when you try to load a .jpg image?
Nothing different than the one I posted for you a couple versions ago. (this was with your last version from a couple days ago, see my next post for why).

Code:
InsertMaps (first  query out of 1): INSERT INTO [PICTURES] ([COLLECTIONID], [ITEMID],  [PICTURESID], [PATH], [TEXT1], [TEXT2], [DECIMAL1], [NOTE1]) VALUES (?, 
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) 
UpdateRecord: UPDATE [PICTURES] SET [TEXT2]=? WHERE [COLLECTIONID] = ? AND [ITEMID] = ? AND [PICTURESID] = ?
Old 08-09-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
This release addresses the issues @stingray found. Please download from our store at https://www.nmcollector.net/product-...tware-cp-linux. Please note, .jpg images are loading fine when I test it. If they don't load for you please let me know along with a description of what happens as best as you can describe it.

Thank you.

Here's the good

Creating a Data Sheet report is now working. Filling in of various fields now saves correctly without having to remove focus except for the Data Sheet tab. That one still needs to have the focus removed before selecting another tab.

Importing now keeps all the pics. If you want me to nitpick, I discovered a weird quirk. The 3rd picture in sequence from the JE version ends up being the 1st pic in CE after importing. If I have 3 or more pics for an item, the default or first pic is always pic2.png

And the bad

So this release is more unstable for me. Back to the Data Sheet tab, it goes to a collapsed window every time I select it (before it was a rare occurrence).

Every time I go to the Pics tab and then click Add, CE crashes. Here is the terminal output when I click Add and it crashes.

Code:
itempicsscrollpage$ResumableSub_Button_Pic_Add_Click.resume (java line: -1) 
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Folder parameter must be a valid folder 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.CommonDialogs.convertFolder(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.CommonDialogs.showFileChooser(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.showFileChooser(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/javafx.stage.FileChooser.showDialog(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/javafx.stage.FileChooser.showOpenDialog(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.FileChooserWrapper.ShowOpen(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/net.nmcollector.nmCollectorCP.itempicsscrollpage$ResumableSub_Button_Pic_Add_Click.resume(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/net.nmcollector.nmCollectorCP.itempicsscrollpage._button_pic_add_click(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) 
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$1.run(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$runLoop$11(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 
Also, it seems like this version runs a little slower (at least on my machine). Switching between tabs was slightly slower and it was very noticeable when importing the JE backup. The import probably took almost twice as long.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Nothing different than the one I posted for you a couple versions ago. (this was with your last version from a couple days ago, see my next post for why).

Code:
InsertMaps (first  query out of 1): INSERT INTO [PICTURES] ([COLLECTIONID], [ITEMID],  [PICTURESID], [PATH], [TEXT1], [TEXT2], [DECIMAL1], [NOTE1]) VALUES (?, 
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) 
UpdateRecord: UPDATE [PICTURES] SET [TEXT2]=? WHERE [COLLECTIONID] = ? AND [ITEMID] = ? AND [PICTURESID] = ?
That's actually a confirmation message not an error message. Do you see the paths listed when you try to look at your pictures? If so, do they look correct? Is it possible to attach a screen capture of your pictures tab here (if there is any information on it)?
Old 08-09-2021, 07:28 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Here's the good

Creating a Data Sheet report is now working. Filling in of various fields now saves correctly without having to remove focus except for the Data Sheet tab. That one still needs to have the focus removed before selecting another tab.

Importing now keeps all the pics. If you want me to nitpick, I discovered a weird quirk. The 3rd picture in sequence from the JE version ends up being the 1st pic in CE after importing. If I have 3 or more pics for an item, the default or first pic is always pic2.png

And the bad

So this release is more unstable for me. Back to the Data Sheet tab, it goes to a collapsed window every time I select it (before it was a rare occurrence).

Every time I go to the Pics tab and then click Add, CE crashes. Here is the terminal output when I click Add and it crashes.

Code:
itempicsscrollpage$ResumableSub_Button_Pic_Add_Click.resume (java line: -1) 
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Folder parameter must be a valid folder 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.CommonDialogs.convertFolder(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.CommonDialogs.showFileChooser(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.showFileChooser(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/javafx.stage.FileChooser.showDialog(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/javafx.stage.FileChooser.showOpenDialog(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.FileChooserWrapper.ShowOpen(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/net.nmcollector.nmCollectorCP.itempicsscrollpage$ResumableSub_Button_Pic_Add_Click.resume(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/net.nmcollector.nmCollectorCP.itempicsscrollpage._button_pic_add_click(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) 
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(Unknown Source) 
        at b4j/anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$1.run(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method) 
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$runLoop$11(Unknown Source) 
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 
Also, it seems like this version runs a little slower (at least on my machine). Switching between tabs was slightly slower and it was very noticeable when importing the JE backup. The import probably took almost twice as long.
Interesting error. It says the folder is not valid. I will double check on my Linux machine but, of course, it was all working for me. I did clear all of my old data though. This is in general and exception to my rule of preserving data, but these are extenuating circumstances since I did not have the folders working properly on Linux to begin with so maybe that is part of the problem. Would you mind clearing all of your old data (including your database) before trying again? The location of the data will probably depend on where you are running from but the logs that you should see in the console when you start the program will tell you where it is expecting to see your data.

Not sure why the performance problem but I did have to take some extra steps (for Linux only of course) to make sure updates happen when the field you changed loses focus (technically, I had to intercept the click on the menu because the lost focus event did not fire when you click the menu). Interestingly, I did not have to make any changes to the Data Sheet - it worked for me. I guess I need to go back and force the changes.

Not sure why the import is taking longer except that I had to go through more steps to create the directories for the pictures since you are using Linux.

I wonder how much of this has to do with different versions of Linux. I am using Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS. I also included that RJE which, come to think of it, may not be compatible with your Linux. Perhaps for Linux I should not include any RJE and let Linux users install the appropriate Java for their machine.

I'll work on this some more tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:49 PM

Thumbs up Just Verified My Linux Install

I asked my wife for permission to work after hours and fired up my Linux computer and was able to confirm changes in the data tab are not saved and it consistently opens in collapsed mode. Earlier I had tested BOTH in my Linux development environment and it worked fine. However, I see it is not working in the deployment.

The .jpg files open and display with no errors even in the deployment. Regarding the pictures on your machine, please look for the following in your console window on startup - yours of course will be different depending on what directory you are running from. Changing the directory you run from will change the location of the pictures. The path listed for File.DirData(nmcollector) is where you will find your database (nmcswDB.sqlite). It might be a good idea to clear it (just delete it and a new one will be created the next time you start the program) and start over since the picture paths may be messed up ... or, when you open pictures, you can delete all of the old ones and start over.

Code:
Operating System = [linux]
File.DirAssets = [AssetsDir]
File.DirApp= [/home/nmcollector/data/CP_deploy/deployments/NMCollectorCP_Linux/bin]
File.DirData(nmcollector) = [/home/nmcollector/data/CP_deploy/deployments/NMCollectorCP_Linux/bin]
File.DirData(nmcollector/Reports) = []
File.DirData(nmcollector/Pictures) = [/home/nmcollector/data/CP_deploy/deployments/NMCollectorCP_Linux/bin]
create Reports sub directory
create Pictures sub directory
reportsDir = [/home/nmcollector/data/CP_deploy/deployments/NMCollectorCP_Linux/bin/Reports]
picturesDir = [/home/nmcollector/data/CP_deploy/deployments/NMCollectorCP_Linux/bin/Pictures]
Tomorrow I will fix the data sheets. Not sure why they are collapsing in deployment but not in development but I will add some more logs to hopefully figure out what is happening in Deployment. I will also look into a a deployment that will allow you to use your own java in case the JRE I am packaging is contributing to the problems.

Thanks for not giving up. I know this can be frustrating.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:11 PM

Wink

Still working ... fixed the Data Sheet lost focus and found why the Data Sheet window is collapsing!

I will see if I can get the new deployment out now ...
Old 08-09-2021, 08:35 PM

corrected release ready for download. This time I tested the deployed (by that, I mean I downloaded what I deployed to my store) version not just the one in my Linux development environment.

Thanks again!!! Now, back to my regular planned evening.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:55 PM

Quote:
corrected release ready for download. This time I tested the deployed (by that, I mean I downloaded what I deployed to my store) version not just the one in my Linux development environment.

Thanks again!!! Now, back to my regular planned evening.
Quick work! When I get a chance tomorrow I'll try out the newest version.

BTW, I'm not sure which issue deleting the nmcswDB.sqlite file was for? The jpg not showing or CE crashing when Adding pics? Either way after deleting that file I still had both issues. I'll post the output and screenshots you asked for tomorrow when I have more time.

Tags
gun collector software, home inventory software, nm collector software, software