Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM

I’m 23690, I hope tomorrow is my day.
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

23691 got my call today, only had field and rack grade available.
Old Today, 09:07 AM

My friend got the call this morning at 10:00 am Ohio time today. RGN 23725
Old Today, 09:54 AM

Default Pace of calls slowing?

Hello 1911 Fans!

I live in the Peoples Republic of NJ and thus have to place a request for a pistol purchasing permit to be ready for when my number comes up (mid 27,000 range). I live in NJ and the permits are for 90 days.

I've been watching the pace of the calls to see when my number will likely come up and for a while the CMP seemed to be averaging about 40 guns per day but now that pace seems to have slowed considerably.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that, when you look at the highest number called that I could find to date it was in the 23,700 range. Divided by the number of days since 4/6 when we all got the first RGN emails that equals 33 per day.

Considering that we were pacing at 40 a day for some time (as I said, I've been keeping tabs) that suggests that somewhere along the line things slowed considerably.

I am very patient, its not a matter of wanting them to move faster. They work very hard its clear. I am however concerned that perhaps there are not enough and my number won't be called at all.

In any event, I think I'll wait at least another month or two before requesting my pistol purchasing permit from NJ. They never make it easy around here!
Old Today, 10:20 AM

I certainly have no insider information here, but I'd caution against over-thinking the average number per day that get called/processed. That average means something to those of us waiting, not to the good folks at CMP. There are many things that can affect the average and just looking at what happens in May, June and July would make it probable that the average would decrease through those months...perhaps the armorers and staff are actually enjoying the summer and taking vacation, enjoying holiday shut-downs, celebrating graduations and weddings and spending time with family.

Looking for SA Garand 2860035
Old Today, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
I certainly have no insider information here, but I'd caution against over-thinking the average number per day that get called/processed. That average means something to those of us waiting, not to the good folks at CMP. There are many things that can affect the average and just looking at what happens in May, June and July would make it probable that the average would decrease through those months...perhaps the armorers and staff are actually enjoying the summer and taking vacation, enjoying holiday shut-downs, celebrating graduations and weddings and spending time with family.
Exactly my thoughts.
Old Today, 11:32 AM

Got my call today; offered field and rack, chose field. Rgn 23673.
Should be in my hands very soon! Once again....Thank You CMP1911.
Old Today, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
Also have the National Matches going on a Camp Perry. Not sure any of the 1911 crew is involved, but that event does tend to suck all of the air out of the room.
Old Today, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Tip View Post
Got my call today; offered field and rack, chose field. Rgn 23673.
Should be in my hands very soon! Once again....Thank You CMP1911.
For context. I got contacted 7/16. RGN #23566. Eight working days ago. Your number is only 107 past mine. Just an interesting thought. Not indicative of any kine of pattern. Just thought it was interesting.
Old Today, 08:50 PM

Jasper18, as a fellow traveler in the PRNJ, I had my 1st batch of permits expire on 7/20, just submitted again for the next batch as after the 90 days, the State automatically extends your permits for 90 days to total..180. Hoping this batch of permits will cover me my RGN is 27315 so I'm thinking Late October early November. Good Luck to You!

Dave