Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2021, 12:08 PM

Default 1911 Auction Mail Delivery Challenges - Help.

I won an auction for a 1911. I sent the paperwork to the address listed via Priority mail. I got an exception notice saying nobody was available to receive it. I have left voicemails and emails to people at the CMP with no success. Mail will be returned August 13th.

Does anybody have a good contact for the action 1911s?

Thanks,
Darin

Last edited by ddivinia; 08-04-2021 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:18 PM

Default Auction

Sir,

If you sent it with a signature required then it is sitting at the Post Office. Our postal route does not have an assigned postman anymore due to retirement. Therefore we never know when we will get our mail, if it is after 3:30 pm, we are closed. they will leave a notice but we have neither the staff nor time to go to the post office which is about 20 minutes away one way. I would suggest you complete a new CMP 1911 Order Packet and send it by Fed Ex. What email / telephone numbers are you leaving messages? CMP or CMP 1911?

Last edited by cmp1911admin; 08-04-2021 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-04-2021, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Sir,

If you sent it with a signature required then it is sitting at the Post Office. Our postal route does not have an assigned postman anymore due to retirement. Therefore we never know when we will get our mail, if it is after 3:30 pm, we are closed. they will leave a notice but we have neither the staff nor time to go to the post office which is about 20 minutes away one way. I would suggest you complete a new CMP 1911 Order Packet and send it by Fed Ex. What email / telephone numbers are you leaving messages? CMP or CMP 1911?
OKÖ I was going to send them originally by Fedex and the fedex site said it didnít support the CMP 1911 address. I send the rifle paperwork the same way with USPS - no problem.. I even emailed to asked how they wanted it sent - no response. I assumed USPS would be fine like the others I have mailed.

256-770-4744 ext. 23603/603 and 23601/601

Send emails to kfrancis, Khayden, jnorris, adavis, and auction @ thecmp.org

CMP might want to update the mailing instructions.

Thanks,
D.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:18 AM

Sir, not sure why Fed EX would have told you that as we have a muilti- million dollar contract with them, and we have posted numerous times on our website that there is a problem with the mail service and to use Fed Ex or UPS. Anyway, PM me your contact information and we will get this taken care of.