Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • On My Honor
    • Dec 2010

South Weber resident also. Shoot my garand every chance I get. Been going to the Bountiful range. Love to know of some out of the way places to shoot as well.

Comment

• sling
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by SamF View Post
      I can't be the only person who owns an M1 and calls Utah home. Where are the rest of you?
      Where in Utah.

Comment

• sling
        • Nov 2010

Live in Washington City Utah. Nothing much going on around here that I know off.

Comment

• sqlbullet
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by freqlord View Post
          I will be migrating my way out there not soon enough! I'll be staying in Salt Lake whilst going to school in 2013. I should be moving out there in January time frame me thinks. Where are some good "off the beaten path" ranges at?

As mentioned, Lee Kay just off 5600 West at 2100 South. It is run by the Utah Department of Natural Resources. As an aside, if you don't have a hunter safety card, take the class for $10.00. You can shoot free at Lee Kay for a year after you take the class. They have distances from 50' out to 300 yards. The 50'-75 yard range is under Range Master supervision with timed cease fires. The 100, 200 and 300 yard ranges have target pits, and usually are unmanaged.

The PMAA range up Parleys Canyon. I-80 exit 134, turn west towards the mountain and it is the only thing there. Dave, the guy who runs the range is really nice. The range is usually quiet, especially in the early morning hours. The range operates under timed cease fires. They have 30', and 25,50,100 yard target boards, as well as gongs on the mountain out to 600 yards I think.

West Desert. Not a range, per se, but one of the most popular destinations. Drive south on Redwood Road to about here. Turn off on one of the fire roads headed west and find a nice spot against the base of the mountain. Don't be a jerk...if you bring in junk to shoot, pack it back out with you. It really torques me off the number of appliances, etc people have hauled out there, shot up and left.

Comment

• taleswapper
            • Jan 2011

What about putting together a match like they have in Logan??? I assume Centerville still has matches but what about us?

Comment

• skibum92
              • Mar 2011

Got my 1st CMP M1 in 2008, just ordered 4 more. Just moved to Salt Lake from Park City.

By the end of April I'll have 5 Garands, and can quit anytime I want to.

Yeah, right...

Comment

• sling
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by skibum92 View Post
                Got my 1st CMP M1 in 2008, just ordered 4 more. Just moved to Salt Lake from Park City.

By the end of April I'll have 5 Garands, and can quit anytime I want to.

Yeah, right...
                Isn't one enough.You can only shoot one at a time.

Comment

• cat1870
                  • Apr 2011

Cedar City

Comment

• VitSports6
                    • Sep 2011

Hi, New owner '43 Garand in Taylorsville
                    Can't wait to get out and try my new to me Garand.
                    Have fun
                    Brian

Comment

• utsam
                      • Jul 2010

welcome to the club vitsports6, good shooting

Comment

• taleswapper
                        • Jan 2011

Highway 20 Ride to Anniston

I will visit the SS on Friday and again on Saturday, April 4 and 5. Any requests?

Comment

• SteveinUT
                          • Mar 2020

I am in Cedar City. Anyone know of any upcoming EIC Pistol matches?
                          MSgt, USAF (ret.)

Comment

Working...
                          X