Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2021, 06:39 PM

I spoke to a very nice girl there today on the phone about this; according to her, if they have your paperwork prior to the Service Grades going out of stock, you will be getting a rifle. They are working their way down the list, and she assured me several times I would get my rifle.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:44 PM

I checked the CMP site last night, they were still up for sale. I completed my order form last night and put in today's mail. So assuming it gets an 05/06/2021 postal stamp, what do you think my chances are of getting the order accepted and filled?
Old 05-06-2021, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slufstuff View Post
I checked the CMP site last night, they were still up for sale. I completed my order form last night and put in today's mail. So assuming it gets an 05/06/2021 postal stamp, what do you think my chances are of getting the order accepted and filled?
Would expect that that would put you at the top of the list.

... for when they come back in stock.
(which are generally salted w/ some pretty sweet rifles, for enticement.)

GR
Old 05-06-2021, 07:08 PM

probably work out good for the cmp they will be able to get caught up instead of staying even with new orders coming in
Old 05-06-2021, 09:37 PM

Take a Look. They are all on gun broker and guns international. Probably about 500 CMP rifles .
Old 05-07-2021, 10:22 AM

I had an order for a special rack sitting in the estore since early April and decided to see if I could switch to a service grade. They did switch for me which is great but right after that the status changed to sold out. I hope I didnít make a huge mistake. Time will tell.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 389 View Post
I had an order for a special rack sitting in the estore since early April and decided to see if I could switch to a service grade. They did switch for me which is great but right after that the status changed to sold out. I hope I didnít make a huge mistake. Time will tell.
If CMP accepted the change to a SG then you should be good.
They have stopped accepting orders(for now) and doesn't mean they are sold out entirely forever.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountryfl View Post
I spoke to a very nice girl there today on the phone about this; according to her, if they have your paperwork prior to the Service Grades going out of stock, you will be getting a rifle. They are working their way down the list, and she assured me several times I would get my rifle.
That's reassuring. My paperwork got there on March 15 so I started to sweat a bit when I saw that the service grades were "sold out."

If I understand correctly I should still get a SG rifle most likely mid-June. This is my first M1 and first order through CMP so I'm still getting the hang of it all.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:44 AM

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thmarines View Post
Take a Look. They are all on gun broker and guns international. Probably about 500 CMP rifles .
And that rubs me the wrong way. I see orders on the time line for 8 rifles, 6 rifles, and 2 rifles, while most are sold out according to the CMP main page, yet some of those people with order dates after me get several guns, and I wait (somewhat patiently). I personally think that CMP should limit to one gun per order, possible limit it to two guns a year. I think one should be limited by buyers agreement to not sell for a minimum of six months from the purchase date. A week or so ago I saw an M1 on gun broker with an April 16, 2021 cert date on the CMP certificate.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:14 AM

Donít let it bug you too much. The CMP sells the rifles to fund their mission. They set their price, qualified folk can purchase them. What they do with their property after that is of no concern. Has been this way and will be. It is fortunate that they are available at all. Thank the CMP. This has been bantered about many times.