Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2011, 01:08 PM

Default M5 Scabbard Length?

I received one of the Used/Serviceable M5's. The plastic part of the M8A1 PWH scabbard is shorter than the one for my M4 bayonet. From the bottom of the metal throat to the tip it is 6.5" and for the M4 it is 7". The M4 will not fit in it. Were these shortened by the Greek Military to fit the M5's"? I do not have any other M8A1's to check against.

Thanks,

Wineman
Old 02-04-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineman View Post
I received one of the Used/Serviceable M5's. The plastic part of the M8A1 PWH scabbard is shorter than the one for my M4 bayonet. From the bottom of the metal throat to the tip it is 6.5" and for the M4 it is 7". The M4 will not fit in it. Were these shortened by the Greek Military to fit the M5's"? I do not have any other M8A1's to check against.

Thanks,

Wineman
Standard length for the M8A1 scabbard is 6 1/2 inches from the bottom of the throat to the tiip - 7 1/2 inches from the top of the throat to the tip. A quick check of my M8 and M8A1 scabbards from 1943-45 match that measurement and my M4s fit fine in them.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 PM

It is an AKI bayonet with a new production scabbard. It seemed to stop before it went all the way in and I did not force it. I will give it a check again and see what is up.

Wineman