Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2011, 07:39 PM

Location: Western NY state -SOON to excape !!! to a gun free paradise
Default MRT--Is this the Militery supplier?????

I see MRT marked Slings and cheek pads --Are these Original Military supplied --OR is this the company that used to make them for the military .. And now they make all the Slings and so called aftermarket Cheek pads you see at gun shows -!

Side question --I have many Brass sling hooks That I would like to Renew with new leather - any suggestions !
Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK91-762mm View Post
I see MRT marked Slings and cheek pads --Are these Original Military supplied --OR is this the company that used to make them for the military .. And now they make all the Slings and so called aftermarket Cheek pads you see at gun shows -!

Side question --I have many Brass sling hooks That I would like to Renew with new leather - any suggestions !
MRT = mildew resistant treatment

Mike
Old 02-04-2011, 07:53 PM

OK--I guess Ill rephrase the question -- How do you tell who made slings and cheek pads --?? Most are marked MRT --! I see Old dated and new manufactured same markings -!

IS the MRT cheek pad I see at gun shows As a new manufactured pad the same as the one marked MRT - 1955.. advertised as original -!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK91-762mm View Post
OK--I guess Ill rephrase the question -- How do you tell who made slings and cheek pads --?? Most are marked MRT --! I see Old dated and new manufactured same markings -!

IS the MRT cheek pad I see at gun shows As a new manufactured pad the same as the one marked MRT - 1955.. advertised as original -!
As mentioned, MRT stands for Mildew Resistant Treatment - nothing whatsoever to do with the maker. On items made prior to this treatment becoming standard, the date that the treatment was applied was often added, such as the 1955 date you mention. Most slings after about 1943 or so were not marked as to maker except on the packaging, I don't know about the cheek pads.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM

Thanks