X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nmCollector
    • Dec 2009

new CMP Article on NM Collector Software

Thanks to the CMP for publishing an article on NM Collector Software.
    Last edited by nmCollector; 12-03-2021, 12:06 PM. Reason: correction
    Clay Pryor
    nmCollector.net LLC
  • snuffy1a
    • May 2012

older version of NMCollector Software

While I appreciate the "labor of love" put into the newest version, I really liked the older version which seemed easier to navigate. Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed and my backup was worthless. I have tried to find the older version, but no luck in doing so. Do you have any info on where I might find a copy of the older version? Thanks.

Regards, John

Comment

• nmCollector
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by snuffy1a View Post
      While I appreciate the "labor of love" put into the newest version, ...
      I wish it was that simple, as explained elsewhere, after my early retirement, my intent was to bring JE back up to date after years of neglect forced upon me by my previous employer. However, the technology had become so out of date I could not meet the new Apple notarization standards without significant changes to the underlying architecture. It would have required so much work that I decided to rebuild from scratch. That is why I chose to build CP rather than rewrite JE.

Because of complaints from people that the downloaded JE would no longer work on some systems, I disabled the download entirely so I would not have to repeatedly address those complaints.

I can temporarily re-enable the download to anyone who needs to recover their current JE install but I cannot guarantee the application downloaded from the internet will run on your computer. Also, it seems that JE still works if delivered on a USB (apparently Apple does not require notification for apps not downloaded from the internet).

So, if you arrange a time period (say 2 hours) with me I will be happy to temporarily enable the download for that time period. You can then download it and hope that it still works on your system. If it doesn't, you can send me a USB flash drive and I can return it to you with the latest version for the cost of return shipping.

Thanks for your loyalty. I am gad you are happy with JE and I am sincerely sorry that I cannot continue to support it.

Sincerely,
      Clay Pryor
      nmCollector.net LLC

Comment

• snuffy1a
        • May 2012

Older version of NMCollector

That would be great. I still have to reenter all my info for over 100 firearms, but simpler is better than complex. Thanks again....

PS.. I'm running Linux, but I also can boot into Windows when necessary.

Comment

• nmCollector
          • Dec 2009

That would be great. I still have to reenter all my info for over 100 firearms, but simpler is better than complex. Thanks again....

PS.. I'm running Linux, but I also can boot into Windows when necessary.
          Question - do you have your database backed up anywhere? If so, you can recover your JE data - both to JE and to CP.

Since you are using Linux I think JE should continue to work for the foreseeable future.

Do you have a time period you would like me to enable the download for?
          Clay Pryor
          nmCollector.net LLC

Comment

• snuffy1a
            • May 2012

Older version of NMCollector

Negative on any backups. I'm retired, so any time frame is good for me. I had a Win 10 virtual set up in my Linux just for the occasional window program, but I decided to go with a dual boot computer instead.

Regards, John

Comment

• nmCollector
              • Dec 2009

Negative on any backups. I'm retired, so any time frame is good for me. I had a Win 10 virtual set up in my Linux just for the occasional window program, but I decided to go with a dual boot computer instead.

Regards, John
              JE download is available now at https://www.nmcollector.net/product-...or-software-je

Let me know when you have it.

Thanks,
              Clay Pryor
              nmCollector.net LLC

Comment

• snuffy1a
                • May 2012

NM Collector

Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but software wont allow me to download the package. It shows up in the cart, but won't download.

Regards, john

Comment

• nmCollector
                  • Dec 2009

Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but software wont allow me to download the package. It shows up in the cart, but won't download.

Regards, john
                  Even though there is no cost, you have to go through the checkout process (it shouldn't ask for any of your personal information other than your email address). Once you complete the process scroll down to see the download link. The download link will also be emailed to you.

Thanks!
                  Clay Pryor
                  nmCollector.net LLC

Comment

• snuffy1a
                    • May 2012

Sorry, but the download still isn't working. I appreciate all your time and help. Thanks anyway for trying.

Regards, John

Comment

• snuffy1a
                      • May 2012

Don't know what is happening, but all of a sudden, I got the download info. Thanks again..

Regards, John

Comment

• nmCollector
                        • Dec 2009

Don't know what is happening, but all of a sudden, I got the download info. Thanks again..

Regards, John
                        Thanks for letting me know. Blocking JE downloads now.
                        Clay Pryor
                        nmCollector.net LLC

Comment

Working...
                        X