Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-18-2021, 09:48 AM
Gijoe1987 Gijoe1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Default Auction Won but new packet required?

I recently won a 1911 on auction but the email is stating I need to submit a new packet. I have an RGN but was wondering if I need to refill out the paperwork for payment shipping etc? Any information would be help as I've searched all weekend with no luck.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-18-2021, 10:11 AM
llano52 llano52 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Great American Desert
Posts: 158
Default

Ignore the first email, follow the instructions contained in the second one as stated in the description section of the pistol listings.

"PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS IN THIS AREA. YOU WILL NOT USE THE FIRST EMAIL YOU GET AFTER THE AUCTION. YOU WILL GET A SECOND EMAIL FROM adavis@thecmp.org. "
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-18-2021, 12:51 PM
Gijoe1987 Gijoe1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llano52 View Post
Ignore the first email, follow the instructions contained in the second one as stated in the description section of the pistol listings.

"PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS IN THIS AREA. YOU WILL NOT USE THE FIRST EMAIL YOU GET AFTER THE AUCTION. YOU WILL GET A SECOND EMAIL FROM adavis@thecmp.org. "
Yes I received the “auction packet” from their second email but it’s asking for all the same info, documents and notarization with a 7 day time window. Just making sure I have to do all of this over again given it was done to obtain my RGN. Seems like overkill to me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-18-2021, 01:26 PM
llano52 llano52 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Great American Desert
Posts: 158
Default

Prior thread under auctions said if you won an auction pistol after receiving a RGN, then there was no need to submit new paperwork. Best move would be to contact those that know for sure. 1911auction@thecmp.org
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-18-2021, 01:28 PM
Gijoe1987 Gijoe1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llano52 View Post
Prior thread under auctions said if you won an auction pistol after receiving a RGN, then there was no need to submit new paperwork. Best move would be to contact those that know for sure. 1911auction@thecmp.org
Huge help thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-21-2021, 09:36 PM
BlueBadger BlueBadger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 32
Default

I won a pistol on auction and emailed the 19111cmp address stating what I had- packet already there with my RGN. Emailed the Monday after I won, they responded the Tuesday and I received a call on Thursday for the payment. Pistol was shipped the following Monday I believe, and I took possession shortly thereafter. This was about 1 month ago
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2021, 09:52 PM
Gijoe1987 Gijoe1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger View Post
I won a pistol on auction and emailed the 19111cmp address stating what I had- packet already there with my RGN. Emailed the Monday after I won, they responded the Tuesday and I received a call on Thursday for the payment. Pistol was shipped the following Monday I believe, and I took possession shortly thereafter. This was about 1 month ago
Thank you for the info and in fact that’s exactly what happened to me. I replied to all the recipients on the second email they sent out and gave them my RGN. Someone called me the next day took payment and it shipped out the following day.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.