Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2021, 09:21 PM

Well I got my parts I ordered from sarco a few days ago which included every thing needed to complete 2 drill rifles I got 2 drill rifle repair kits one kit had a B F 47 marked bolt handle the other kit has a CC bolt body both have the extractor collars I also got my barrels there the one matched my original barrel to the month and year new in wrap also. Over all I am happy with my purchase I did get a CC bolt I took my chances it seems to fit in the action fine and closes think I will grind the lump off the bolt handle that hits the stock and use it or buy another one ain't sure yet thought I would give a update.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW99 View Post
Well I got my parts I ordered from sarco a few days ago which included every thing needed to complete 2 drill rifles I got 2 drill rifle repair kits one kit had a B F 47 marked bolt handle the other kit has a CC bolt body both have the extractor collars I also got my barrels there the one matched my original barrel to the month and year new in wrap also. Over all I am happy with my purchase I did get a CC bolt I took my chances it seems to fit in the action fine and closes think I will grind the lump off the bolt handle that hits the stock and use it or buy another one ain't sure yet thought I would give a update.
I ground the offending hump off a CC bolt and reparked it. Turned out good.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2021, 08:08 PM

Hmmm. My 1903 learning continues.

I've got 2 CC bolts as it turns out. . .both are machined by Smag for A4geries that I have not yet built. Reading John Beard's comment on notching the stock for clearance. . .I imagine that because I'll need the A4 notch regardless, I should not expect a problem? Kinda wish I had waited for Smag's Remingtons. . .but I knew less at the time than I know now.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longgoldsilverandlead View Post
Hmmm. My 1903 learning continues.

I've got 2 CC bolts as it turns out. . .both are machined by Smag for A4geries that I have not yet built. Reading John Beard's comment on notching the stock for clearance. . .I imagine that because I'll need the A4 notch regardless, I should not expect a problem? Kinda wish I had waited for Smag's Remingtons. . .but I knew less at the time than I know now.
A CC bolt should work fine in an A4. The A4 receiver rear tang and stock are already notched to clear the turned-down bolt handle.

J.B.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Beard View Post
A CC bolt should work fine in an A4. The A4 receiver rear tang and stock are already notched to clear the turned-down bolt handle.

J.B.
I hadn't thought of the receiver tang. This brings to mind that I should make sure things function properly before the drill receivers I am starting with go for parkerizing.

Any idea how deep the notch in the tang is? These are extra-hard SC's receivers. . .I am not excited about trying to notch them myself. The stock is easy by comparison.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:05 PM

Ahh - I've found some pictures. Well that's not ideal.