Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2021, 10:07 PM

anybody ever buy one of these https://www.sarcoinc.com/springfield...le-repair-kit/ and what do you think
Old 10-22-2021, 12:53 PM

SARCO has a number of different combination deals on 1903/03A3 parts. The one pictured seems to include the parts which are commonly modified or missing on Drill Rifles.

For instance, the Drill Rifle bolt has the firing pin hole welded shut, the cut-off is welded in the down position (so that the bolt cannot be removed), and the striker is shortened by grinding the front down. The rear sight is often banged up, but the one pictured seems to be some sort of dummy one.

The parts shown are probably original replacement parts meant for returning a Drill Rifle to a functional, working rifle. Note that you would also need a new barrel for that project.

I have purchased parts from SARCO and have generally been pleased with the service and quality of their parts. They do have a more extensive package deal which includes more parts for around $150. Note, however that some of the parts are aftermarket/new manufacture replacements, but well made. With that lot, you do NOT get a stock or barrel. They are available for more money.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:28 PM

Tough going with Sarco. Just never know what they will ship to you.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:29 PM

I just bought two of those kits in the link for the 2 drill rifles got I also have two new usgi 2 groove barrels on the way I will let you know how they turn out.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:12 PM

Apex has a pile of 03 and A3 bolts. Most are new and in the grease. Try them as I have been happy with them. But NO to the CC bolts.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:12 PM

I bought two bolts from sarco before calif-steve posted I never even thought to look at apex but I will buy from there if the two I got turn out to be CC bolts.About the CC bolt are they unsafe to use anybody ever use CC bolts before.
Old 10-25-2021, 02:28 PM

CC bolts are safe to use. However, they may not close all the way unless the stock is notched underneath the handle. If the bolt is not fully closed, then the rifle may not fire reliably.

Good Luck!

J.B.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:53 PM

Hello All,

Sarco is ALWAYS my last hope for any parts purchase .
Numrick / Gun parts, Liberty Tree and APEX are ALWAYS a better seller!

broom
Old 10-25-2021, 08:19 PM

I will see how it goes heard both good and bad things about sarco about like every other place I have bought from sarco before with no bad experience yet they got pretty good customer service to they shorted me a part one time give them a call and had my part in a few days but there is always a first I will see how it goes.I bought from sarco mainly because I could get every thing I needed there.I ment to ask before now how do you tell what manufacturer the bolt is like springfield,B&S,remington,CC and so on. thank you guys alot for all the info you have helped me more than once I will keep you posted on this project.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:35 PM

Most (but not all) 1903 or 03A3 bolts are marked on the bolt handle with stamped letters which stand for the manufacturer.