X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fireman Ron
    • Jan 2011

stock fit.

I have an M14 walnut stock I want to drop my SA inc M1a into but it seems way to tight when attempting trigger guard lock up. There is a little bedding material where the angled flats at the front of the trigger group clamp down. Is this the only area that may be causing my problem? Rifle fits in the stock ok far as I can tell.
  • nf1e
    • Apr 2012

Try the stock liner on the action with out the stock. This seems to be a sticking point with many repro receivers.
    Semper Fi
    Art
    Sgt USMC 66 -72
    RVN 67-68

Comment

• Fireman Ron
      • Jan 2011

thanks. I will pull it and try that.

Comment

• flashnthepan
        • Apr 2016

What do you consider "too tight"? Can you force the trigger guard to close?

Comment

• nf1e
          • Apr 2012

Receiver legs should fit snugly into the stock liner and bottom out on the receiver. I like to turn the action upside down and set the liner over it. Many times I will have to file the liner front to get it to set down over the receiver legs.
          Semper Fi
          Art
          Sgt USMC 66 -72
          RVN 67-68

Comment

• Fireman Ron
            • Jan 2011

Pulled the liner from the stock. placing just the liner on the receiver The trigger group closes and locks easy. With liner in M14 stock the tip of the trigger guard comes short of the tip of the trigger by over a quarter inch. gets very tight at that point.

Comment

• Fireman Ron
              • Jan 2011

Did some filing on the area where the front of the trigger guard locks in. there was some bedding material there. After slow going and frequent checking she now fits pretty well.

Comment

• nf1e
                • Apr 2012

Sounds like you nailed it. When I bed the trigger pad area, I like to have the trigger guard close to about where yours did before filing and then a good rap with the heel of the hand to drive it to locked position.
                Problem with wood stocks is that this lockup increases or decreases with humitidy and stock swelling and shrinking.
                Semper Fi
                Art
                Sgt USMC 66 -72
                RVN 67-68

Comment

Working...
                X