X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dingsbums
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by cmp2 View Post
    You may ONLY PURCHASE ONE 1911(from Auction or Randomly Generated Number program). Bidders are not allowed to be the high bidder on multiple items. That shows that they are driving prices up, as well as, has the possibility of he/she winning multiple 1911’s. Should a 1911 go higher than a bidder is wishing to pay, they may then bid on another one. Those individuals who are caught either driving prices up, or winning multiple bids: Will be reprimanded, as well as removed from bidding privileges should it continue. Our duty is to our members, to ensure that everyone is treated fairly.
    This policy should repeated, as these multiple bids are still happening.

Comment

• SirWilliam
      • Mar 2018

These bidders know exactly what they're doing. Nothing To Lose syndrome.

Bill

Comment

• Dingsbums
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by cmp2 View Post
        You may ONLY PURCHASE ONE 1911(from Auction or Randomly Generated Number program). Bidders are not allowed to be the high bidder on multiple items. That shows that they are driving prices up, as well as, has the possibility of he/she winning multiple 1911’s. Should a 1911 go higher than a bidder is wishing to pay, they may then bid on another one. Those individuals who are caught either driving prices up, or winning multiple bids: Will be reprimanded, as well as removed from bidding privileges should it continue. Our duty is to our members, to ensure that everyone is treated fairly.
        There is one individual that won a 1911 on auction in February, and has bid on 3 subsequent auctions.

Comment

• Dingsbums
          • Apr 2013

And another individual that won a 1911 in February and has bid on 3 subsequent auctions. In the current auction ending 12 Dec, he held high bid on one 1911 all week, was finally outbid on that one and bid on another. Not only is he driving prices up on 1911s he/she isn't eligible buy, but apparently thinks he/she is entitle to more than one.

Comment

• Mar 2013

^^^ that's called shill bidding and every auction site does it. Even CMP, obviously
            ID is not my rifle's s/n

Comment

• morfred
              • Oct 2009

This should be addressed. It has been going on too long and should not happen period. Something should be in place to automatically keep a user from the ability to bid after they receive a 1911.

Comment

• Fogtripper
                • Oct 2009

Sadly, the auction software is so ancient that it may not be something preventable. With the high value nature of the CMP auction items, it really should be considered to be upgraded in a real way. The current software is simply bad on several levels.

Comment

• BobJ50
                  • Aug 2018

Cute....Shills can be identified and blocked.
                  Last edited by BobJ50; 12-13-2020, 12:29 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

• Dingsbums
                    • Apr 2013

And we have another return winner in the 12/19 auction.

Comment

• The Apprentice
                      • Mar 2010

It is sad the cmp can’t fix it I have tried many times to get my 1 only 1911 only to be way over/out bid

I just don’t have his crazy money
                      CGA Member 31675
                      CMPUser2953
                      CMP Customer #:249381
                      33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating. My feedback: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
                      My Favorite carbine :
                      http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/ca...GN_spell2.html

Comment

• Fogtripper
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by The Apprentice View Post
                        It is sad the cmp can’t fix it I have tried many times to get my 1 only 1911 only to be way over/out bid

I just don’t have his crazy money
                        Sadly, it benefits them to have higher final bids.

Comment

• Dingsbums
                          • Apr 2013

And here it is on a Friday afternoon, and we have one individual that has high bids on 3 separate 1911s. It was 4, but someone finally outbid him on one. Happy New Year!

Comment

• morfred
                            • Oct 2009

This stinks and has been going on far too long. I support the CMP and expect better from them. They are aware and do nothing about it for those who play fair.
                            Maybe it is time to change the way that I play?...Nah, can't do it.

Comment

• precision40
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2010

Closed

Comment

Working...
                              X