Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingsbums View Post
That is a new (Boyd's?) stock that has been stamped. Look how sharp the bottom of the pistol grip is. I have never seen an original stock that has edges that sharp.

You are wrong. That looks like a Winchester stock to me. I have had several that had sharp edges just like it. Rick B. said the cartouche is 100% real, and he is the expert.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:56 AM

Was able to take a look at one of my Winchesters last evening, the V-notch in the stock at the trigger guard lock is not visible with the trigger group installed...
Old 03-27-2020, 09:21 AM

I have an original/correct 6m SA non NM from that period that was sold as a collector grade. Iím on lockdown but I am almost positive the certificate does not say CG, only the receipt. Itís a well above avg rifle but no where like new compared to the Greek CGís of mid 2000 sales.
Itís a little odd the rifle has what appears to have a SA type oprod catch but it looks original to that rifle. Just for my notes I would like to see a picture of the front bevel of the gas cylinder lock. Other discrepancies that could indicate changed parts or just a seller that is not astute is the data sheet. The data sheet indicates a narrow base Gas Cyl, itís a wide base, the follower rod is not short fork, and the plunger has wings but is listed w/o. Just something to consider, is that what the rifle looked like when purchased or is it just a simple mistake. Or it could be my mistake as I flip back and forth on my phone. Itís a good looking rifle which appears to have been poorly stored at one time.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccmp View Post
I have an original/correct 6m SA non NM from that period that was sold as a collector grade. Iím on lockdown but I am almost positive the certificate does not say CG, only the receipt. Itís a well above avg rifle but no where like new compared to the Greek CGís of mid 2000 sales.
Itís a little odd the rifle has what appears to have a SA type oprod catch but it looks original to that rifle. . . . . . ..
Now Iím confused (again!) . . . .

Why do you find it odd to have a SA oprod catch on an original/correct 6m SA rifle??
Old 03-27-2020, 01:34 PM

Sorry about the confusion. The first reply was to the collector grade question. The SA catch appears to be on the WRA rifle as others have noted in the thread.

Last edited by cccmp; 03-27-2020 at 01:36 PM.