Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick the Librarian
    • Oct 2009

I also like the K31. As a "firearms historian" the thing I like the most is the fact that many (if not most) K31s still have a slip in the butt under the buttplate with the name of the person the rifle was last issued to (see picture below).

If you want to read a good book with some "historical background", get a copy of "Target Switzerland" by Stephan Holbrook.

(Yes, I have a K31!)

"We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Calfed
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by pro-nra View Post
      I love the Swiss rifles too. As already mentioned, the 1911 long rifle shoots better than the K31. Here are few pics of my twin 1911 and a K11. Then one of my K31 with aperture sights next to my SA 1903.

Love those rifles, Juanito.

What kind of cheek rest is on your K-31?

Comment

• pro-nra
        • Mar 2011

Thanks!

Bought the elcheapo cheek rest from Brownell's. Despite the elcheapo price, it is surprisingly of good quality material and workmanship.
        100% Service Connected Disabled Veteran.

Comment

• will77
          • Oct 2010

Really enjoy the k31 the beech stock i had to refinish it looked like it had been dragged behind a tank then run over,threw in a lake then a beaver had chewed on it awhile.I followed Guisan's instructions best i could had to sand it some.The walnut is untouched just put some Waffenfett on it.Juanito how to you like the diaopter sight?Got any close up pics of it? i've been thinking of getting one but they are pricy

Comment

• Perplexed
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by will77 View Post
            Really enjoy the k31 the beech stock i had to refinish it looked like it had been dragged behind a tank then run over,threw in a lake then a beaver had chewed on it awhile.I followed Guisan's instructions best i could had to sand it some.The walnut is untouched just put some Waffenfett on it.Juanito how to you like the diaopter sight?Got any close up pics of it? i've been thinking of getting one but they are pricy
            Nice rifles! I have a pair of K31's myself including a beech-stocked 1948 example that has a Swiss Products diopter which resembles the one Juanito has on his K31. The other is a walnut-stock 1942 K31 with a St. Marie scope mount and a Weaver K4-1 scope. Of the two, I like the scoped version MUCH better, and it's the most accurate rifle I own. The diopter I'm not too thrilled about - I think the FSR diopters on the Swedish M96's that I own are better and more usable. My two cents worth.
            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Please leave feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=33711

Comment

• pro-nra
              • Mar 2011

Diopter on the K31 is deadly accurate. Here are couple of pics of the sights.

100% Service Connected Disabled Veteran.

Comment

• Perplexed
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by pro-nra View Post
                Diopter on the K31 is deadly accurate. Here are couple of pics of the sights.

That's the one I have as well. Interesting how we have such different reactions to the setup. Maybe I need to take another look at mine, though I enjoy shooting the scoped K31 too much
                Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Please leave feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=33711

Comment

• will77
                  • Oct 2010

Thanks for the replys,i've been looking at them for awhile just need to order one next time brownells has them in stock.Im not much of a shot with open sights Also is there any magnifaction with the diapter? I know nothing about them.

Comment

• Polaris
                    • Mar 2012

I love these rifles. I have shot several as issued matches with my K-31 and finished at or near the top in all. I can't blame my losses on the rifle, only my offhand needing more practice and a POI issue I have corrected (hard to plunk 10's with a 4'oclock hold). A good K-31 with good handloads and a good operator WILL compete with any Garand or Springfield out there. Even with escalating prices, they are still a great buy, don't wait around or you'll be paying springfield prices for them.

That being said, I'm starting to love my Gewehr 11 even more. Got the kinks out at the practice range, she'll see her first match in June. Also want to give the 6.5 swede a whirl.

Comment

• .22shooter
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Polaris View Post
                      Also want to give the 6.5 swede a whirl.
                      I've heard that the 6.5 rifles are great shooters especially for the matches.

Comment

• Polaris
                        • Mar 2012

Just picked up another one from a friend. $240 and I'm glad to pay it. Don't wait on these guns, those prices are soon to be gone.

Comment

• abeal
                          • Oct 2009

$250 - 350 is the common price for K31s at gunshows. I am in the process of trying to get one from each year. The 1930s rifles are harder to find. Lots of 1940s rifles. I like the diopter sights, rear sight adjusters, the various types of Swiss bayonets, Swiss backpacks, and other Swiss items. See libertytreecollectors.com - their $40 packs are nice. Also got a folding shovel.

Comment

• wesvb
                            • Aug 2010

Another direct importer of Swiss Rifles
                            http://www.cogunsales.com/

Comment

• Rick the Librarian
                              • Oct 2009

The prices of Swiss K31s have really gone up the last few years. I remember I got my last one (which I still have) for @ $150 from AIM - and they threw in a sling, sight cover and about 100 rounds of ammunition! This was about 2006, IIRC.
                              "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
                              --C.S. Lewis

Comment

• .22shooter
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
                                The prices of Swiss K31s have really gone up the last few years. I remember I got my last one (which I still have) for @ $150 from AIM - and they threw in a sling, sight cover and about 100 rounds of ammunition! This was about 2006, IIRC.
                                300 bucks seems to be about the selling price these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X