Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2021, 01:38 PM

WWII Impressions does some good webgear. I prefer their stuff over At the Fronts stuff.

The WWII Impressions gear I have still looks as good as the day I bought it 3 years later. The grommets, snaps and LTDs have all held up well.

The ATF stuff I have has all faded and a lot of the grommets are pulling out of the gear. This is over the same time frame and usage.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_X View Post
Thanks for the honest review and photos.

IIRC from when I looked at their website, they purposely centered the belt snap; supposedly for customer preference. Think of it as a new item with a traditional look rather than as a repro.

I've personally been using original, but have only been shooting in good weather.

I can understand not wanting to use original in some circumstances.

Having grown up with a dad who just saw stuff from service as nothing special or sacred, saw a fair number of 'collectors items' worn out. If its going to get used a lot or hard, it probably will get worn, stained, etc. I don't worry about the pockets being that rare. I do worry a bit about damaging the orignal magazines. The rising asking price of the original 15 round mags was one of the factors pushed me toward using new ones.
You're right about climbing mag prices. That's why I use Korean mags quite often. Still pretty cheap but also functional. I also have a couple Pro Mag magazines. They don't look very good but they work okay.

Speaking of "new item with a traditional look" have you seen the pouch from Olongapo Outfitters? I've wondered about getting one to stick on a Plainfield.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2021, 08:24 PM

Discount Codes from WWII Impressions. Good until August 15th. Include the "$" with the corresponding number.

$5**Take $5 off any order $50 or more.

$15**Take $15 off any order $150 or more.

$25**Take $25 off any order $250 or more.

$50**Take $50 off any order $500 or more.

$100**Take $100 off any order $1,000 or more

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk