X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d.swider777
    • Feb 2019

M84 help, real or repro

Hey everyone, I had a question about whether an M 84 is real or not. I saw an M1D today for sale that looked legit. 1952 barrel on a 3.8 million SA, GAW stock, SA parts only. I’m not an expert on optics though and this scope didn’t have the data plate saying M 84 and the serial number. It did have the drawing number starting with seven, I don’t remember the rest of the numbers. The scope had the eyepiece and sunshade and the turrets and finish looked original and not new. The scope was quite clear though and looked very nice with the post reticle

It has a 1952 MRT cheek pad but no flash hider. As far as I can tell the mountain barrel block are genuine. He asked $3000 for it. What do you all think?
    • Oct 2009

Sounds good. really cannot go wrong. can you try for pics. I would take it.

Comment

• d.swider777
      • Feb 2019

Yes I’m asking for pictures, I didn’t have time to take any I just had time to handle it quick

Comment

• Mark1
        • Oct 2009

Check the drawing number on the barrel. It will be on the left side or on top under the hand guard. It needs to be D7321555 to be a real M1D barrel.

Sometimes the data plates are missing. But if you can get pictures of the scope and turret adjustments it will help.

Comment

• Orlando
          • Oct 2009

no way to know if its legit or built without documentation
          "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Comment

• d.swider777
            • Feb 2019

Ok here are the pics. He’s going to ask the original owner about documentation and the data plate. It has the right drawing number on the barrel

https://imgur.com/a/U7svBP4

Comment

Working...
            X