Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 AM
captain-03 captain-03 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cntrl Mississippi
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
edit: Sorry, but this is one of my pet peeves. I've been around for many of these releases, there are always the long complaint threads when the system melts down, and there are always people happily adding to the mess.
+1
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-25-2012, 11:41 AM
bill.neville bill.neville is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Monroe, ME
Posts: 61
Default

Maybe some E-store insight...Been trying forever with Internet Explorer, and repeatedly getting bumped or having my cart dumped. Solid homerun the first time I tried with Firefox. Not sure what the reason may be, but thought you might like to know...
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Fogtripper Fogtripper is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UT
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill.neville View Post
Maybe some E-store insight...Been trying forever with Internet Explorer, and repeatedly getting bumped or having my cart dumped. Solid homerun the first time I tried with Firefox. Not sure what the reason may be, but thought you might like to know...
Chrome worked well, as well. However I did the transaction nearly 2 hours after the initial logjam.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM
bill.neville bill.neville is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Monroe, ME
Posts: 61
Default

I started (well after waiting from 7EST to 7CST, then the next half hour or so when the sights were finally posted) first thing with a brief break, and things were worse moments ago than they were this AM. At least before 8am I.E. would let me get to the item and tantilize me by making me think an item was in my cart. Wouldn't even load the page at 11:30. Mozilla saved the day for me. I'm glad my life is so good that trivial things like CMP orders are my main source of stress.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-25-2012, 12:04 PM
edwardc edwardc is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lecanto, Florida
Posts: 22
Default

Just logged on, presto no problems. ordered a Palma and 40x hand stop and received a confirmation.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 PM
allana allana is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: central Pa.
Posts: 63
Default

Patience, perseverance and plenty cursing paid off. Over 1 1/2 hrs.Order #625431 for Redfield Palma Rear made it. Dread the day this CMP fun is only a fond memory. As a reward to self added 5 unknown bayos(now free ship)! THANKS CMP!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-25-2012, 01:34 PM
bill.neville bill.neville is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Monroe, ME
Posts: 61
Default

I keep telling my wife "after this XYZ order, there'll be nothing left to buy from CMP." I believe it myself each time. There's always the next new thing. Orest is a marketing genius. CMP has us trained like Pavlov's dogs, but I swear...this is the last time! (unless something really neat hits the market...clipped M2 maybe?)
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Short Round Short Round is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill.neville View Post
I keep telling my wife "after this XYZ order, there'll be nothing left to buy from CMP." I believe it myself each time. There's always the next new thing. Orest is a marketing genius. CMP has us trained like Pavlov's dogs, but I swear...this is the last time! (unless something really neat hits the market...clipped M2 maybe?)

Nah, not M2 ball, they've just unlocked 4 warehouses of M1 ball ammo in storage since WWI. 2 Billion rounds in storage that was never used because it had greater range than army ranges were designed for. The ammo stockpile that caused MacArthur to insist the M1 garand be switched from the Pedersen .276 caliber cartridge to .30-06.

Last edited by Short Round; 01-25-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-25-2012, 01:46 PM
AFBerryfarmer AFBerryfarmer is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mossy Head, Fl
Posts: 791
Smile

Sitting in the airport in LV. Glad I checked the forum. My order only took a few minutes.
__________________
Larry Bizek
USAF Retired
NRA Life Member
Registered Voter
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Radionicist Radionicist is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Round View Post
Nah, not M2 ball, they've just unlocked 4 warehouses of M1 ball ammo in storage since WWI. 2 Billion rounds in storage that was never used because it had greater range than army ranges were designed for. The ammo stockpile that caused MacArthur to insist the M1 garand be switched from the Pedersen .276 caliber cartridge to .30-06.
OK, that would be awesome, if not a creation of your fertile mind. Have a link to anything that confirms this fantastic find?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.