Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
edit: Sorry, but this is one of my pet peeves. I've been around for many of these releases, there are always the long complaint threads when the system melts down, and there are always people happily adding to the mess.
+1
Old 01-25-2012, 11:41 AM

Maybe some E-store insight...Been trying forever with Internet Explorer, and repeatedly getting bumped or having my cart dumped. Solid homerun the first time I tried with Firefox. Not sure what the reason may be, but thought you might like to know...
Old 01-25-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill.neville View Post
Maybe some E-store insight...Been trying forever with Internet Explorer, and repeatedly getting bumped or having my cart dumped. Solid homerun the first time I tried with Firefox. Not sure what the reason may be, but thought you might like to know...
Chrome worked well, as well. However I did the transaction nearly 2 hours after the initial logjam.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM

I started (well after waiting from 7EST to 7CST, then the next half hour or so when the sights were finally posted) first thing with a brief break, and things were worse moments ago than they were this AM. At least before 8am I.E. would let me get to the item and tantilize me by making me think an item was in my cart. Wouldn't even load the page at 11:30. Mozilla saved the day for me. I'm glad my life is so good that trivial things like CMP orders are my main source of stress.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:04 PM

Just logged on, presto no problems. ordered a Palma and 40x hand stop and received a confirmation.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 PM

Patience, perseverance and plenty cursing paid off. Over 1 1/2 hrs.Order #625431 for Redfield Palma Rear made it. Dread the day this CMP fun is only a fond memory. As a reward to self added 5 unknown bayos(now free ship)! THANKS CMP!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:34 PM

I keep telling my wife "after this XYZ order, there'll be nothing left to buy from CMP." I believe it myself each time. There's always the next new thing. Orest is a marketing genius. CMP has us trained like Pavlov's dogs, but I swear...this is the last time! (unless something really neat hits the market...clipped M2 maybe?)
Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill.neville View Post
I keep telling my wife "after this XYZ order, there'll be nothing left to buy from CMP." I believe it myself each time. There's always the next new thing. Orest is a marketing genius. CMP has us trained like Pavlov's dogs, but I swear...this is the last time! (unless something really neat hits the market...clipped M2 maybe?)

Nah, not M2 ball, they've just unlocked 4 warehouses of M1 ball ammo in storage since WWI. 2 Billion rounds in storage that was never used because it had greater range than army ranges were designed for. The ammo stockpile that caused MacArthur to insist the M1 garand be switched from the Pedersen .276 caliber cartridge to .30-06.

Last edited by Short Round; 01-25-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:46 PM

Smile

Sitting in the airport in LV. Glad I checked the forum. My order only took a few minutes.
Registered Voter
Old 01-25-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Round View Post
Nah, not M2 ball, they've just unlocked 4 warehouses of M1 ball ammo in storage since WWI. 2 Billion rounds in storage that was never used because it had greater range than army ranges were designed for. The ammo stockpile that caused MacArthur to insist the M1 garand be switched from the Pedersen .276 caliber cartridge to .30-06.
OK, that would be awesome, if not a creation of your fertile mind. Have a link to anything that confirms this fantastic find?