Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
Has anyone noticed if those getting Service grade Colts were they mainly manufactured around WWII?
Anyone heard of cultural appropriation? What about user name appropriation?

On a serious note, considering the bulk of 1911s were manufactured around WWII that makes sense. Last one ever made was what, 1945?
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 05-12-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Anyone heard of cultural appropriation? What about user name appropriation?

On a serious note, considering the bulk of 1911s were manufactured around WWII that makes sense. Last one ever made was what, 1945?
JH
Not quite sure what you meant about my user name, but what I was inquiring about was is there a chance there could be even older colts from between the 2 World Wars that may be in the mix that could have been manufactured closer to WWI or are they much more valuable that the CMP would want to auction them off if they were in the mix.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Not quite sure what you meant about my user name, but what I was inquiring about was is there a chance there could be even older colts from between the 2 World Wars that may be in the mix that could have been manufactured closer to WWI or are they much more valuable that the CMP would want to auction them off if they were in the mix.
There was plenty early 1911's in the first round, and one has appeared in this round....so far.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=248630
Old 05-12-2021, 04:16 PM

Thank you!
Old 05-13-2021, 01:15 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompma2929 View Post
Just took possession of my round two service grade. Ithaca frame with a post war slide. Would have liked to have had a period correct slide, but it looks like it will be a good shooter! Fine piece of Americana! Can’t wait to go try it out. Here’s a few photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ajZ3fXdwyd87ZosG6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8RoXTRCCLzb3p1L26
Update. Took it to the range this morning. Shoots about 2.5” group of three at 7 yards! Very nice indeed. This is me offhand at 10 yards. I just can’t see that front sight well enough to do it justice

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V1XFRVzfoCuYdTtY8
Old 05-16-2021, 09:02 AM

I received a similarly configured service grade pistol as well. A 1945 RR frame with a Colt contract slide and an unknown contract barrel replacement. The frame itself appears to have mostly original WWII RR parts except the slide release and possibly grip safety (I need to do some research on that). The contract replacement barrel has the usual contract barrel replacement markings and chrome lined with, what I assume to be a two digit year, of 91.

I had an early RGN so when customer service I called I didn’t know what any of the grades looked like so I asked for a service grade pistol that hadn’t been heavily blasted and refinished because I wanted something that looked as close to original as possible.

The pistol I received has an almost black finish with some wear. The stampings are all crisp and clear. In hindsight, I wish I had asked for a matching slide and frame. I was a little disappointed with the pistol I received (not with the CMP) but over the past few weeks it has started to grow on me some. I’m just glad I got an opportunity to get a 1911A1 and that I got a low RGN for this round.

Last edited by Quibbley; 05-16-2021 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:10 PM

My Colt frame service grade was manufactured in 1943.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:34 PM

Mine was an "OG" marked 1911 612,XXX with RR slide,short trigger and acrched MS housing.

Quote:
Has anyone noticed if those getting Service grade Colts were they mainly manufactured around WWII?
Old 05-17-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T38Carbine View Post
Just the way it left Uncle Sam’s service!! Outstanding…enjoy!!
Hear hear!!