Modern Military Match A.....and mid-length gas system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wurger
    • Nov 2009

Modern Military Match A.....and mid-length gas system?

I’m sure it isn’t allowed, but reading the rules doesn’t seem to spell it out other than “based on AR15”. What has been the rulings and experience this year (2019) after the new rules? Looking for a way to make he 7.5 lbs and still have a decent sight radius. I also wouldn’t need to buy an other upper. Just looking for recreational competing and no interest in ‘gaming the system’.
    Last edited by Wurger; 09-23-2019, 09:46 PM.
  • Mountain
    • Oct 2015

Make the 7.5 lbs limit and have iron sights, you'll be AOK. Don't use a butt stock with adjustable cheek rest. I saw many different configurations passing inspection at the New England games.

Comment

• rubicon762
      • Aug 2011

I shot bronze with a mid length AR-15 at the 2019 Eastern games.
      Weighs in at 7lbs, 5 oz.
      Magpull tele stock included.
      Camp Perry is not "a place for experts". It's a place to help YOU become an expert.
      "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1785.
      Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler, USMC. He knew war and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. You can find it online.

Comment

• lrdg1
        • Apr 2012

some MM info

I haven't shot MM in a few years. Planning on though at Eastern games in April. After re-reading the rules and recent posts, I weighed my clone M16A2 right at 7.5 lbs with empty 20 round mag. The rifle was built with original Colt 1x7 Gov profile 20" barrel (skinny under correct surplus round handguards), colt A2 upper, issue sights, A2 stock, etc.. I expect an Hbar barrel would put it over weight. The rifle holds 10 ring easy with 77 SMKs (my regular cross course load). Sling pressure does change prone POI a couple clicks, no problem though. I tried an A2 type rifle build with stiffer 16" barrel couple years ago and had trouble picking up the front sight. The extra 4"s make big difference for my old eyes. I like the rule change back to irons though for MM.
        Last edited by lrdg1; 01-11-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X