Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 10:56 PM

Default 1911 Round 3?

Yes, I know, super premature to be talking about it, but now that I have my 1911, I instantly created 4 extremely jealous friends and I promised I would try to find any info. Anyone know anything or heard any rumors about when/if Round 3 will take place? How many more pistols will be coming? Same hoops to just through?
Old 05-07-2021, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW1F View Post
Yes, I know, super premature to be talking about it, but now that I have my 1911, I instantly created 4 extremely jealous friends and I promised I would try to find any info. Anyone know anything or heard any rumors about when/if Round 3 will take place? How many more pistols will be coming? Same hoops to just through?
I am just another poster, but I will try to answer your questions.

Q1: Anyone know anything or heard any rumors about when/if Round 3 will take place?

A1: There is no information for a Round 3 yet. There are at least 15,310 random numbers for Round 2. Round 1 had around 19,000 random numbers. It took from Nov. 2018 until Feb. 2021 (27 months) to fill Round 1 orders. Round 2 could be filled in a quick as 15 months based on the current rate. However; it could be maybe as long as 20 months (or longer) based on amount of pistols sent to CMP.

Q2: How many more pistols will be coming?

A2: Unknown. In 2015, President Obama signed the FY16 spending bill into law, which authorized the Army to send up to 10,000 of their surplus pistols.

It was not until FY 2018 the first 8,000 were actually sent. The Government Accounting Office report dated June 20, 2019 states,

"Based on the assumption that the Army would ultimately transfer to CMP all 98,016 surplus M1911 handguns ..."

There is no guarantee the 98,016 surplus pistols will be transferred. However: if they are all transferred, the earliest this could be done (if the maximum 10,000 per FY are sent) is FY 2027

Q3: Same hoops to just through?

A3: Yes. I see no reason the CMP will change. However: there may be additional "hoops" if new laws are past.

Last edited by Fenris_Bane; 05-07-2021 at 01:45 AM.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:03 PM

I'm curious: I have been a CMP customer for 15 years or so.
I have been a US firearms purchaser for many more than 15 years, so I am familiar with the process used in both systems.

What CMP 1911 requirements are considered "hoops"?

I have had friends tell me the same, I have explained the process, offered to accompany them to the SS or TMP, and it seems "too difficult".

What hoops would be suggested for removal?

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 05-07-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSAGuy View Post
Let's let people perceive the process as being difficult even though we know it isn't. If they thinks it's difficult, they won't apply.
Excellent post!

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 05-07-2021, 03:12 PM

Mark Johnson mentioned during an AMC I attended that CMP knew the paperwork was kind of a pain in the butt, so they intentionally tried to keep prices well below market to make up for it. He was talking about M1s, but the same argument could be applied to the 1911s. In any event, some of the hoops are imposed by the US Army, which is comparatively chill as far as Im concerned. If it was the Navy, jeez, wed never see any pistols.
Closed Thread