Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2015, 08:40 PM

Default Newb Question... looking for help :)

All-

I am trying to complete my 'battle' rifle collection, and one of the main things missing is an M14! Trying to change that.... BUT am interested in adding a more current one probably the Sage EBR stock etc. I have been doing a lot of reading... but thought I would come to the best source I know.

Would an LRB built gun (built by them) on a Sage EBR chassis with a medium weight chrome lined barrel be worth $2900? I know the stock alone is worth about 8-900. I have never bought anything on Gunbroker, but am tempted, but don't know enough.

Thanks to anyone with some input or comments etc.....
Old 05-20-2015, 03:38 AM

Yes. A complete LRB rifle will run about $2,200. While not a smokin' deal, it would be a fair deal considering the whole package already done right.

A full-on match-ready LRB bedded into a walnut stock will run you around $3,500.

Tony.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:58 AM

I had a LRB M25 built in a J100 G3 stock and it costm me 4400 bucks. 2900 sounds like a bargan for an LRB that the stock makes up one third of the cost.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:27 AM

I agree with Tony and dsdmmat. It seems to be a very good deal. Be careful that there are no obvious issues with the rifle before you buy. Good luck! Rick
Old 05-20-2015, 08:53 PM

Thanks!! Looking at a few options now
Old 05-21-2015, 10:51 AM

Hi sfineone,

As most people around the forums know already, I don't see the value in the LRB receiver like others do. If you have money to burn, that's fine, (pardon the pun).

Several years ago I posted a comparison study of the LRB and the 762mm Firearms receiver with photographs and measurements that definitively proved that the 762 receivers were much closer to the original G.I. specifications, if you can find a good one.

Their early runs starting at 52000 were a bit problematic, but they improved greatly as each successive run came out. Now the same model being used from the original, and finally perfected as it will ever get by Bula Forge, I guess, is the current offering from James River Armory and called Rockola.

This comparison study I speak of focused mainly in the most important areas, such as barrel ring length which determines your final headspace with chrome lined barrels and barrel indexing for your proper sight alignment, the locking lug locations on the two different receivers which determine the same headspace issues, and the location and thickness of the receiver bridge which is paramount for safety and proper function of the rifle.
They were cheaper, safer, and closer to G.I. specs.

I sent you the email you asked about.
Best regards....rip
Old 05-21-2015, 11:49 AM

Go with the LRB or James River Armory builds, you will be ahead of the game. Both are excellent rifles and will last you a lifetime.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
Go with the LRB or James River Armory builds, you will be ahead of the game. Both are excellent rifles and will last you a lifetime.
Never saw that one coming.
.....right
Old 05-21-2015, 01:25 PM

I knew the trolling was going on and took the bait. Wecome back Rip.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Banned

Hands down - the better value are M14s built of forged Norinco & Poly Tech receivers.