Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2021, 07:38 PM

Default FFL Question

My RGN came up, and I got the call. That's good news. And that's where the good news ends. Same day I got the call, my regular FFL closes up shop and goes on vacation. So I go to a pawn shop I've used in the past. I know she won't send her license to anyone that doesn't have a license, but hey, this is the CMP I'm receiving from. She never heard of 'em. OK, guess I'll try the next one. Also, never heard of 'em, but they'll go ahead and send their license. The guys sends it, says we're done, and I head out. As I go out the door, he say's "be sure to let them know to send a photo I.D. so I can log it in. My question is, what does the CMP send with the pistol so it can be logged in?
Old 06-10-2021, 08:34 PM

Never heard of such a requirement.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:46 PM

A lot of FFLs ask for photo ID from non-FFL holders, so I can understand the request. I believe CMP 1911 holds an FFL so the issue is probably moot.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:19 PM

I just re-read the 1911 sales info (for about the 25th time), and found that it states that the CMP 1911 Sales is an FFL governed operation, so I guess they do have one.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:10 PM

yes, from what I read several years ago, there were 'forced' to get a normal FFL by the gov't, same reason they make you do two background checks, one at CMP, one at the FFL - makes perfect sense (it does to me)

Ed
Old 06-10-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDoug View Post
My RGN came up, and I got the call. That's good news. And that's where the good news ends. Same day I got the call, my regular FFL closes up shop and goes on vacation. So I go to a pawn shop I've used in the past. I know she won't send her license to anyone that doesn't have a license, but hey, this is the CMP I'm receiving from. She never heard of 'em. OK, guess I'll try the next one. Also, never heard of 'em, but they'll go ahead and send their license. The guys sends it, says we're done, and I head out. As I go out the door, he say's "be sure to let them know to send a photo I.D. so I can log it in. My question is, what does the CMP send with the pistol so it can be logged in?
Can I bug you to ask what your RGN is?
Old 06-11-2021, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
can i bug you to ask what your rgn is?
Old 06-13-2021, 12:02 AM

AzDoug,
Where in Arizona are you? I'm outside Tucson. Maybe I can help you with your FFL requirement.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperbob View Post
AzDoug,
Where in Arizona are you? I'm outside Tucson. Maybe I can help you with your FFL requirement.
Marana side. I used Catalina Pawn this time.