Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Wis. View Post
...I never expected a gem, but this rifle is in better condition then I was expecting so I'm a very happy camper.

Perhaps I spoke too soon... stripped it today and found a broken part in the trigger group. The trigger is missing about half the front surface under the sear where the trigger pin goes through. Interestingly, I think it had been broken for some time... Greek black park covers the area where the piece is missing.

The good news is that's about the only big issue so far. The bore cleaned up very nicely... headspace and all other gauging and timing is fine. I was mildly surprised to also find it has a saw cut gas cylinder... on an M1D ? I had a call into CMP on the broken parts but didn't receive a return call yet... must be very busy. I was really surprised finding a defective part in a Service Grade.... especially the M1D. It was pretty obvious on even a glancing inspection.

Last edited by Mike in Wis.; 04-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:36 PM

Received it in November and managed to get the last piece and can't wait to shoot it . it has a cool heat code on the bolt that I like. All USGI parts.

Last edited by brandielab; 06-04-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Perhaps I spoke too soon... stripped it today and found a broken part in the trigger group.
Gotta love the CMP's customer service... I called about 10 am Monday morning and had a new trigger in my hand by 8:30 am Tuesday morning... FedEx Priority. Now that's service !

The rifle turned out great ! The very dry wood really came to life after some cleaning, a little of USSR's Service Rifle Stain (can't speak more highly of this stuff) and several coats of pure Tung Oil. All the wood matches nicely now and looks very good. Next day off, I'm going to start adding the accessories to it. Photos to come...

Last edited by Mike in Wis.; 04-09-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Gotta love the CMP's customer service... I called about 10 am Monday morning and had a new trigger in my hand by 8:30 am Tuesday morning... FedEx Priority. Now that's service !

The rifle turned out great ! The very dry wood really came to life after some cleaning, a little of USSR's Service Rifle Stain (can't speak more highly of this stuff) and several coats of pure Tung Oil. All the wood matches nicely now and looks very good. Next day off, I'm going to start adding the accessories to it. Photos to come...
Beautiful rifle. Their customer service is something else. I received a rifle with a bad lug on the follower arm. Took no time at all to get a new one.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 AM

I'm getting ready to order an M1D and was wondering how long they are taking to ship. Are they following the same timeline as the other M1s, or do they come faster?

Thanks,
Jay
Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro1 View Post
I'm getting ready to order an M1D and was wondering how long they are taking to ship.
Much faster in many cases... time between my written order being sent and delivery was about 30 days.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Much faster in many cases... time between my written order being sent and delivery was about 30 days.
Thanks.
In order to get it shipped to my house in Kalifornia, I need some extra paperwork now and so I better get that in process before ordering one.

Jay
Old 04-10-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Next day off, I'm going to start adding the accessories to it. Photos to come...
Here's a quick pic after adding all the other parts I collected. No reproduction anything... all original GI. Very happy with how it turned out.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 PM

Nicely done , now you just have to see if it shoots as good as it looks.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:11 AM

Mike, very nice indeed! Looks awesome.. All I'm missing is a decent M84 to complete my D.. I really like the look of the D with the M2 flash hider.