Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 PM
RickRandR RickRandR is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Posts: 228
Default 40x USMC Project

Gotta couple of the barreled receivers with bolt Where can I get screws. I have seen some trigger guards and trigger plates at auction but no screws Numriech is sold out of most 40x stuff
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-12-2011, 10:16 PM
J.W.A. J.W.A. is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NV
Posts: 777
Default

Wendel at Outbackgunparts is making reproduction screw sets for the 40X. They are a tad long and require shortening to fit your action but he has them in stock.

Outback Guns
2110 McLean Avenue
New Albany , IN 47150
ph 812-945-0480
Tues- Fri 9am-5pm

Regards,
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-12-2011, 10:28 PM
skeet41 skeet41 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 321
Default

Hope we come up with an answer. My 40X USMC arrived today. Metal and bluing is in good condition but some deep gouges in the barrel metal, crown looks very good. Stock is ready but need stock metal and screws. I have another standard barrel, non USMC so I think I will pull what is needed to complete the new rifle because I can't wait to see how it will shoot. We have a 100 yd. 22 military trainer match this Sat. and will be a great chance to shine or hang my head. Either way it will be fun. Don't mean to hijack the thread because I need the same answer.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-2011, 10:28 PM
steelap steelap is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North AL
Posts: 5,780
Default

From Numrich (Item Numbers):

Stock - 588750
Trigger Guard Plate - 719480
Trigger Guard - 719850
Guard Screw, Rear - 719380
Guard Screw, Center (ADL) - 88620A
Guard Screw, Front - 91750H

These items seemed to fit my 40X USMC Standard Barrel. Having said that, I could be wrong. I'm a newbie at this.

"Life is Good!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-12-2011, 10:32 PM
MLHSR MLHSR is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
From Numrich (Item Numbers):

Stock - 588750
Trigger Guard Plate - 719480
Trigger Guard - 719850
Guard Screw, Rear - 719380
Guard Screw, Center (ADL) - 88620A
Guard Screw, Front - 91750H

These items seemed to fit my 40X USMC Standard Barrel. Having said that, I could be wrong. I'm a newbie at this.

"Life is Good!"
do not use the center screw it will hurt accuracy. most 40x's tourqe settings are 26 inch lbs front and 20 inch lbs rear. once bedded then even
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-12-2011, 10:39 PM
steelap steelap is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North AL
Posts: 5,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLHSR View Post
do not use the center screw it will hurt accuracy. most 40x's tourqe settings are 26 inch lbs front and 20 inch lbs rear. once bedded then even
So, do you just leave the center screw out?

Interesting, and thanks!

I say again, I've got to get around to ordering a torque screwdriver. Any suggestions on one?

"Life is Good!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-13-2011, 02:04 AM
A7Dave A7Dave is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: AKexpat
Posts: 508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet41 View Post
Hope we come up with an answer. My 40X USMC arrived today. Metal and bluing is in good condition but some deep gouges in the barrel metal, crown looks very good. Stock is ready but need stock metal and screws. I have another standard barrel, non USMC so I think I will pull what is needed to complete the new rifle because I can't wait to see how it will shoot. We have a 100 yd. 22 military trainer match this Sat. and will be a great chance to shine or hang my head. Either way it will be fun. Don't mean to hijack the thread because I need the same answer.

Skeet,

Could you tell us when you mailed/Fedexed your order, and when it processed? I sent mine in a little late, but am hoping to score exactly what you got before they run out.

Thanks,
Dave
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-13-2011, 06:01 AM
MLHSR MLHSR is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
So, do you just leave the center screw out?

Interesting, and thanks!

I say again, I've got to get around to ordering a torque screwdriver. Any suggestions on one?

"Life is Good!"
I leave the center screw out. I use the fat wrench from midway. does a good enough job for rings and all.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-13-2011, 09:38 AM
tigmaned tigmaned is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 42
Default

yeah, i sent my order in for a stockless 40x late too! they got my order on the 25th of June and still wondering if they're sold out or not???
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-13-2011, 10:24 AM
beardog beardog is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 642
Default

They are still listed as for sale on the sales page as of this morning.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.