Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogervm View Post
Wow, Took almost 3 hours for the "never ask for customer service" reply. You guys are slipping....

Trigger bent in shipping, no telling what other problems it may have caused in the trigger group. Add to that a mis-matched bolt that could well cause head space issues. Sounds like a keeper to me!
I NEVER said that you shouldn't contact Customer Service.

What I said was that you shouldn't expect a pristine rifle for a bargain sale price. The CMP rifles seem, compared to Gunbroker, to be sold for less than they are worth. I am sure that a large part of that is so people won't complain (although they will) about a cosmetically imperfect rifle.

As I stated, my stock pad was a piece of crap. I'm buying another stock from Numrich in hopes of improving the aesthetics.

If the rifle is mechanically unsound (as with your bent trigger), contact Customer Service. If it is ugly (as mine), tough luck.

Hammonje, on the other hand, has stated more than once that if a rifle doesn't have great MW and TE, and doesn't shoot well (by his standards), it goes back for a refund.

"Life is Good!"
Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 PM

My USMC 40X and 52D arrived yesterday. The 52D has a pretty rough stock and the metal is a bit scratched. The 40X looks like the stock was run over by the BWT, but otherwise pretty good. Overall....I'm pleased with what I have. I'll be spending some time improving their aesthetics. The CMP description was accurate for what I received.

David
Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 AM

I think I'm gonna try to find a replacement butt-pad and white spacer for the 40X. Anybody got a good idea where to start looking?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:20 AM

You may want to contact JWA here on the forum. Maybe he is working on a reproduction. To my knowledge there is no source for the original white line pads.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
I think I'm gonna try to find a replacement butt-pad and white spacer for the 40X. Anybody got a good idea where to start looking?
You could use a Pachmayr RP200 (part # 00401) as is, although the face of the pad is different.

You could add a white and black spacer to a Pachmayr RP250 part # 00404 and the face would match (despite Pachmayr using the wrong photo on their web site), but it would lengthen the pull probably an insignificant 1/4" or so. If you could find an OEM pad at this point, it's likely to be dried out and brittle.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:14 PM

So has anyone that got orders in on the 14th had rifles ship yet? Or are they still working orders from the 13th?
Old 07-03-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-One View Post
You may want to contact JWA here on the forum. Maybe he is working on a reproduction. To my knowledge there is no source for the original white line pads.
Shhh! Don't know if I can do it yet, I am still experimenting.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:10 PM

I've got a question for you guys. I just saw my order show up in the Estore for a 40XUSMC and the Kimber that was also on the order. Also saw my CC was charged for the full amount of the order, not just for the Kimber.

Does this mean I made the cut off for the 40X?
I some how thought I was a day late on my order but won't complain if I made the cut.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:21 PM

You should be good. They seem to have had more of the USMC ones than others which is probably why you got lucky...
Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 AM

Default 40X USMC Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEDIVER36 View Post
Due to working 48 hour shift and no overnight in my area on a Sunday missed release so snail mailed the 13th.
Got a call on 15th or 16th that I missed out on 52D but would be getting a 40X USMC.
DBU the 22nd order received on 15th
Hit the Estore the 30th order #365358
Original email stated ship the 8th received another yesterday that it would ship the 11th and arrive the 12th.
Fed Ex just left.
Happy as can be. Metal shows wear but is awesome. Stock is pretty beat up but so am I and this thing has 12 years on me. Matching bolt that is smooth as silk. White Line pad is all there and in pretty good shape. Muzzle and bore are beautiful. No missing or broken parts. Thanks you CMP. See you at Perry in a couple weeks.