Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2022, 06:53 AM

I think weíll all be gone before itís $10.00 per. But I get your inference.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
I think weíll all be gone before itís $10.00 per. But I get your inference.
With the way inflation is going plus the fact that it use to be .50 per round 15 years ago. Now it is $2-$3 per round. It has gone up an easy 400% or more. Plus the fact I am 35. We will easily see $10 per round in the next 30 years. Probably higher. Look at what 30-06 api sells for.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy12 View Post
Not when it was originally released. It was $60 per can and I think $8.95 shipping. The two million rounds lasted 2 weeks.
When that AP was announced at a discount to the standard ball, I ordered two cans. The chatter was it would be gone in a few days. When still available a week later, I ordered another can and wrote in here wondering why it wasn't all gone yet. A week after that I couldn't stand it and ordered a fourth can. If you were active in CMP then, you had ample chance to take advantage of the good deal.
Old 07-02-2022, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NChick View Post
When that AP was announced at a discount to the standard ball, I ordered two cans. The chatter was it would be gone in a few days. When still available a week later, I ordered another can and wrote in here wondering why it wasn't all gone yet. A week after that I couldn't stand it and ordered a fourth can. If you were active in CMP then, you had ample chance to take advantage of the good deal.
Yes, those were the good old days. I picked up twenty 394 round cases of AP.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138
Old 07-02-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moammo6 View Post
Per Brandy12, makes one wonder--was most of it sent down range over the years, or still sitting in garages and basements across the country.
I am guilty of that. Still have one can left.

Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)
Old 07-04-2022, 01:27 PM

I was scrounging for .30-06 brass to feed my 1917 water cooled. I came upon a large pile of brass where the AP bullet and powder was pulled but still had the unfired corrosive primer. I purchased all of it and commence to remove a live primer from the brass. Not a happy time. Anyway, Iíve got large tubs of .30-06 from WWII Iíll never shoot.