X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daffy
    • Dec 2011

03a2

Hello, all. I have been away from this site for years. My wife has recently had 2 strokes and I and thinking of moving some guns. I was in discussions with forum members about a 1903a2. I was provided with the appropriate serial number range, but cannot find it. Mine was in that range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve
  • ggordon
    • May 2011

Is it an 03A2 or an 03A3? What are you looking for? Value? Hope your wife makes a fast recovery

Comment

• Daffy
      • Dec 2011

I want to confirm that mine with sn 1398344 is within the 1903A2 range. I was told years ago that it is, but my mind has forgotten a lot since then. Thanks, Steve

Comment

• twh1997
        • Oct 2009

I’m not sure there is any set serial range as they were just converted to sub caliber training rifles as needed.

Comment

• Daffy
          • Dec 2011

Sorry for all the confusion. I found my old Brophy Springfield book and did my homework. It is just a regular 1903. It’s been in my safe since the early ‘90s, and just pulled it out. It is really nice with the original 1931 barrel. It is not a 03A2. Sorry that I have wasted your time. Steve

Comment

• Jack Leslie
            • Oct 2009

It might be an M1903A1. Does it have a “C” stock - the one with a pistol grip, rather than a straight “S” stock? The only difference between an M1903 and an M1903A1 is the stock; both are marked the same.

Jack

Comment

• Daffy
              • Dec 2011

It has the straight stock.

Comment

Working...
              X