Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2022, 05:24 PM

Default TMP current report 6/29/22

Im seeing if anyone has a current store report as I plan to be there on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kells81 View Post
Have you left yet? Been thinking about hopping into the truck and road tripping myself. Iím near Fort Worth.

Iím planning to be there on Friday around 10-11am. Iím working TDY in the area so travel isnít as far as you.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:19 PM

Went today - the WRA Rack Grades are still there, about one full rack side of about 25-30 rifles. Very little GI wood, and the general condition is commensurate with a hard used rack rifle. About 2/3 of the WRA hang tags are NOT marked with the throat and muzzle erosion.

The WRAs are a mix of WWII, Korea, post-Korea, and one lone Danish barrel - NO WRA barrels that I saw - a couple rifles with barrel surfaces pitted to unreadable.

Some of the rifles present have heavy extensive pitting visible on the receiver, some heavy at the wood line, and some have all three with more under the wood, a few rifles had bright red rust covering the internals - it's a great opportunity to get a winter project.

IMHO - the current Rack stock is a large group rifles that have suffered a storage failure in climate control, and they are being moved ASAP. The receiver pitting appears to be older and reparked over, but there is quite a bit of "fresh" rust in the oprod springs, and in areas where moisture can collect when you break one down in the store.

Saw about 6-8 IHC "RackgradePlus" rifles - these are IHC Rack grades in new CMP wood stocks.

They had few other better grade IHCs from $900 up through $1800 - but I did not count through the IHCs grades as close as I should have - we were in the store nearly at close, and hustling to get done before they did need to close.

The rack behind the counter has 8-10 M-1Cs, I don't believe there were any Ds present.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH64guy View Post
Went today - the WRA Rack Grades are still there, about one full rack side of about 25-30 rifles. Very little GI wood, and the general condition is commensurate with a hard used rack rifle. About 2/3 of the WRA hang tags are NOT marked with the throat and muzzle erosion.

The WRAs are a mix of WWII, Korea, post-Korea, and one lone Danish barrel - NO WRA barrels that I saw - a couple rifles with barrel surfaces pitted to unreadable.

Some of the rifles present have heavy extensive pitting visible on the receiver, some heavy at the wood line, and some have all three with more under the wood, a few rifles had bright red rust covering the internals - it's a great opportunity to get a winter project.

IMHO - the current Rack stock is a large group rifles that have suffered a storage failure in climate control, and they are being moved ASAP. The receiver pitting appears to be older and reparked over, but there is quite a bit of "fresh" rust in the oprod springs, and in areas where moisture can collect when you break one down in the store.

Saw about 6-8 IHC "RackgradePlus" rifles - these are IHC Rack grades in new CMP wood stocks.

They had few other better grade IHCs from $900 up through $1800 - but I did not count through the IHCs grades as close as I should have - we were in the store nearly at close, and hustling to get done before they did need to close.

The rack behind the counter has 8-10 M-1Cs, I don't believe there were any Ds present.

Thanks for the update. I wish they had a few HRA rack or field grades on the racks.

Last edited by Texas Son; 06-29-2022 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:58 PM

still kicking myself for not picking a Six million while passing thru in April
Old 06-30-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief jeff View Post
Here's what I've found, I've never regretted picking up a rifle when I had the opportunity too, even if money is tight.

But I've always found that I do end up regretting not picking one up when I have the opportunity too.

Even if the next week or month you end up deciding to move it along, its ok, you get your money back and often a bit more to make it worth it and for me I may swap out parts off it for ones that I may need.

Only time id be cautious of picking one up is if I'm near my annual limit it and I want to save the pic for something different.

Last edited by brianm767; 06-30-2022 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief jeff View Post

There was one 6 mil on the racks last week. Iíll be there tomorrow and try and update the report.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:47 PM

As of today 30 June at mid-afternoon:

7 IHC 4 million Gap Letter - these were all Field grade or Service.

2 IHC Field Grades left - I bought the third one - for the IHC stock on it.

1 IHC Service grade in CMP wood, LMR barrel with a "2+" for throat and muzzle - went back today to buy this one, and ended up with the Field grade above.

9 IHC Rack grade "Plus" - I believe the store put out a small restock of these, and maybe added one or two to the WRA Rack grades - not a lot, but it looked like the number of IHC "plus" was up from yesterday - 29 June. It also could have been a consolidation of the racks back onto separate grades.

24 WRA Rack grades - same condition as noted before.

9 SA M-1Cs split between Field and Service grade - nothing that jumped out as outstanding above the rest, just clean rifles with a number of mixed era parts.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:29 PM

How were the other 2 IHC Field Grades?

Old 07-01-2022, 07:47 AM

Default Finally, a trip to TMP!

I also was at TMP yesterday, along with a few of my friends, and found a really nice 5.2 IHC Service Grade Gapper that only lacked the trigger group and bolt to be correct and was wearing a really nice '55 dated IHC stock.
The only other IHC that had an IHC stock on it was the Field Grade purchased by AH64guy. It also looked to be very nice and worth a ride home with someone.
No photo yet since their system was down so they will have to ship it to me.

Also saw a really nice 4.6 IHC Gap Service Grade with lots of IHC parts. It had a small bit of damage to the crown and did not have the IHC stock, though the stock it had was pretty nice. Overall a nice rifle. I selected the 5.2 above so left it there since there is only one rifle purchase allowed per day.

I actually went there looking for a new M1C. Hoping to find one with an original barrel and matching base but all the ones they had had 50's replacement barrels. Several have matching bases and all were wearing really nice Service Grade wood. Pretty decent looking lot if you are looking for a nice-looking Field or Service Grade M1C .

I also looked through the WRA Rack Grades as well as the IHC Rack Grades. My momma always told me that if I could not say something nice not to say anything at all so I will leave it at that.

Been since last November since my last trip so really had a blast

Rob