Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2022, 08:23 PM

Default Any one have a report? Considering a loooong trip.

Thinking of heading down next week, its a 23 hr/1436 mile round trip. I'll say up front, financially its not worth it, especially if I can only buy 1 M1 per day. Id try to hit it two days to atleast buy two rifles. IHC gap letters if they have any or any other SG or FG' they may have and yes I've seen pickings have been slim.

I just picked up a RG special at the North store but im only allowed one per 30 days here and I head home to Ca on the 14th. I should of had my wife go to pick one out for herself, just don't have her shooting proof with us, not sure if they take her retired military ID?

On vacation in Cleveland area, wifes likes a couple days alone with her mom, I normally head to one of the south stores to bag my remaining limit, I love to drive, but these buying limits are killing it for me. My next opertunity will be a year from now.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:30 AM

My retired military ID is all I use, so she should be fine. Of course, you can always double-check by calling the North Store to confirm that's all the documentation she needs.

Rick
Old 06-03-2022, 03:13 PM

Hello Brian. We met on your last trip. I would expect there is a restock for the D Day Match. Had planned to drive up fron Pensacola, but just picked up an 03 locally and a nice H&R 65 on GB. Wife says I have to wait a couple months. Good luck in your travels.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
Hello Brian. We met on your last trip. I would expect there is a restock for the D Day Match. Had planned to drive up fron Pensacola, but just picked up an 03 locally and a nice H&R 65 on GB. Wife says I have to wait a couple months. Good luck in your travels.
Yes I remember you, too bad it would be nice to see you again, well ill be back next year as well, maybe I'll see you then.
Old 06-04-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm767 View Post
Thinking of heading down next week, its a 23 hr/1436 mile round trip. I'll say up front, financially its not worth it, especially if I can only buy 1 M1 per day. Id try to hit it two days to atleast buy two rifles. IHC gap letters if they have any or any other SG or FG' they may have and yes I've seen pickings have been slim.

I just picked up a RG special at the North store but im only allowed one per 30 days here and I head home to Ca on the 14th. I should of had my wife go to pick one out for herself, just don't have her shooting proof with us, not sure if they take her retired military ID?

On vacation in Cleveland area, wifes likes a couple days alone with her mom, I normally head to one of the south stores to bag my remaining limit, I love to drive, but these buying limits are killing it for me. My next opertunity will be a year from now.
I would also bet there will be a re-stock for the match for two reasons: 1) there is a recent pattern of match-timed re-stocks, 2) it's hard to imagine a D-Day themed match with an empty store.
Old 06-04-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanac View Post
I would also bet there will be a re-stock for the match for two reasons: 1) there is a recent pattern of match-timed re-stocks, 2) it's hard to imagine a D-Day themed match with an empty store.
When are the matches?
Old 06-04-2022, 10:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
When are the matches?
https://thecmp.org/ranges/talladega-...adega-matches/
Old 06-04-2022, 11:21 AM

Will you have to be a match competitor to purchses rifles at that time?
Old 06-04-2022, 03:54 PM

Don't believe that has been the case in the past. Sure there will a number of spectators in attendance.
Old 06-04-2022, 03:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Will you have to be a match competitor to purchses rifles at that time?
Call TMP.....