Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2020, 11:43 AM

Thumbs up Welcome New Users

Based on support requests that I have been receiving it seems there is renewed interest in the evaluation of my software from forum members. Please keep in mind that you can use the full feature version for 30 days free to see if it meets your needs before you purchase. You can continue to use the free version with fewer features after the 30 day evaluation ends.

Understandably, the most common question I get is whether or not this software is still supported. The answer is yes. However, as you can tell from other posts in this forum, this software is a bit out of date. In fact, it has been around long before MyGunDB came out. Although it still works, since it is so old, I will be redeveloping it from scratch after I retire from my current full-time job February 2nd of 2021. Please note that, although I will no longer update this version of the software, I will continue to support it into the foreseeable future for as long as it will continue to run without upgrades. I will provide a migration path for those who decide to switch to the new version that I will develop.

When I retire, NM Collector Software will be my primary interest. I am retiring at a relatively young age so, God willing, I intend to be around for many years to come.

The next most common issue has to do with installing and running NM Collector JE on a Mac. If you read through my history of posts in this forum, and read my Mac download page, you will see that Apple has been changing the way software is installed and run on the Mac so my installation instructions are out of date. Lucky for me (and you) the installation can still be made to work. I have several Macs to test against including the latest Mac OS so I was able to troubleshoot the latest Mac installation and run issues and will be posting updated instructions soon.

Finally, I would like to encourage everyone to post any comments/questions/issues that you encounter to this forum. That way, I only have to answer them once and others will benefit from the answers!

Thanks again for the renewed interest and I hope this software, and future variants, will meet your needs for many years to come.

Tags
gun collecting software, mygundb, nm collector software, software