Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post

3. Please remember that we process orders in sequential order, if you have a high RGN number it may be a year or more before you are contacted. There are numerous reasons why it may appear that we have skipped your number, but we assure you that unless there is a problem, we have not. If there is a problem, we will let you know.
So, my original post simply asked if CMP routinely skipped RGNs. Instead of a simple “yes” I received some smug answers, all pure assumptions by the heroic CMP defenders.

For the record, I’m not impatient. I am not dissatisfied with CMP in any way. I was simply concerned that I may have been skipped over and missed. My experience of 24 years in the infantry is that when that happens, you make someone know and you never just “be patient and wait” while someone figures it out for you. In the case of Mr. Redmond, that appears to have happened; he called and was immediately helped by CMP.

There are a lot of insinuations made by several, none of which bother me other than one obvious sexist comment. There were also a lot of childish comments all revolving around some perceived impatience on my part. I am fascinated with some of the angry vitriol, but not really surprised. I understand it’s important for some people to think they have some kind of special knowledge about things and to communicate that like an angry child. I was not impatient for the RGN, and I am not impatient to receive the contact taking my order.

My goal was not to disparage CMP in any way or hasten the process at all. I am not concerned at all with “when” only with “if”. But when I see numbers hundreds and nearly one thousand higher than mine already receiving pistols, I was understandably concerned I may have some how gotten lost in the mix.

For the record, I reviewed the packet I sent in, my phone number, email, address, military ID, license number and all else is in order and current. As far as background checks go, I have purchased about six or seven firearms, some long guns, some handguns, since I sent in my packet, one as recent as ten days ago, and was in and out in about ten minutes. That’s at a Cabelas, a reputable gun store (my FFL) and the PX/BX at Randolph AFB where I work.

I purchased an M-1 at the CMP at Camp Perry two years ago and it was an enjoyable experience and I met a lot of nice people. I enjoyed it so much when I got home to Texas, I ordered another one immediately and it was a repeat of the experience I had at Camp Perry. I have only good intent when talking about the CMP, not sure where all that animosity from others is coming from, on either side. I simply have no axe to grind here, just on a fact finding road.

Please read item number 3 that CMP Admin posted. It seems my concern is grounded in policy. Perhaps I have focused on the term sequential too literally.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junnie View Post
Well: I must be lucky, RGN 21404. Got called Tuesday, received pistol yesterday. Took all of perhaps five minutes to order pistol.... Nice and easy. Remington Rand. Field Grade, looks like new. As Admin has posted many times, some folks are just plain stupid. Send in work telephone numbers, work email, then change jobs etc. This will slow things down. Like I reported took me perhaps five minutes to order pistol.... Danke.......
Damn Junnie — you aren’t making my decision any easier. I am about 150 spots behind you and expecting a call next week. Was planning to go service grade, but keep seeing posts like yours that field and rack are looking awesome. Congrats on getting a gem that is making you happy.
Old Yesterday, 12:12 AM

It seems I got skipped over and like the mod posted: 'If someone sees that their RGN has been passed over to the tune of 500+, then they should contact 1911 customer service'. So I sent off an email but didn't get a reply so I called in this a.m. and the nice lady said that she would check into it call me back. That's fine. I just want to be thorough.
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Squire View Post
Damn Junnie — you aren’t making my decision any easier. I am about 150 spots behind you and expecting a call next week. Was planning to go service grade, but keep seeing posts like yours that field and rack are looking awesome. Congrats on getting a gem that is making you happy.
Actually I wanted a pistol with some hard core usage .... not to be. this pistol looks brand new... not a scratch or blemish.... Any way I'll shoot it till it falls apart and buy another.... there seems to be thousand on the market or there soon will be.... no problem get another..... Damn how many did they manufacture ... total.... couple hundred thousand or more??????? How many were stolen from U.S. and taken home... I would of but we had very few and I figured my buddies needed the pistol more than I... USMC 5th, Nam 1966 --67

Upon second thought, I'm, three quarters of a century old. My guess this pistol will out live me by seventy five years.... LOL.......

PS... I'm still looking for a Belau Wood, 5th Marine Pistol..... Is there a way to tract 1911 issued during the Nam conflict ? especially to USMC????
PSS: We had a armorer that I'm pretty sure sent home a M60 in parts... I remember his father was a detective in the Miami police ..... can't remember his name, probably just as well, he's more than likely just now getting out of Federal Prison.....LOL>......

Last edited by junnie; Yesterday at 01:38 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MikeGolf View Post
So, my original post simply asked if CMP routinely skipped RGNs. Instead of a simple “yes” I received some smug answers, all pure assumptions by the heroic CMP defenders.

For the record, I’m not impatient. I am not dissatisfied with CMP in any way. I was simply concerned that I may have been skipped over and missed. My experience of 24 years in the infantry is that when that happens, you make someone know and you never just “be patient and wait” while someone figures it out for you. In the case of Mr. Redmond, that appears to have happened; he called and was immediately helped by CMP.

There are a lot of insinuations made by several, none of which bother me other than one obvious sexist comment. There were also a lot of childish comments all revolving around some perceived impatience on my part. I am fascinated with some of the angry vitriol, but not really surprised. I understand it’s important for some people to think they have some kind of special knowledge about things and to communicate that like an angry child. I was not impatient for the RGN, and I am not impatient to receive the contact taking my order.

My goal was not to disparage CMP in any way or hasten the process at all. I am not concerned at all with “when” only with “if”. But when I see numbers hundreds and nearly one thousand higher than mine already receiving pistols, I was understandably concerned I may have some how gotten lost in the mix.

For the record, I reviewed the packet I sent in, my phone number, email, address, military ID, license number and all else is in order and current. As far as background checks go, I have purchased about six or seven firearms, some long guns, some handguns, since I sent in my packet, one as recent as ten days ago, and was in and out in about ten minutes. That’s at a Cabelas, a reputable gun store (my FFL) and the PX/BX at Randolph AFB where I work.

I purchased an M-1 at the CMP at Camp Perry two years ago and it was an enjoyable experience and I met a lot of nice people. I enjoyed it so much when I got home to Texas, I ordered another one immediately and it was a repeat of the experience I had at Camp Perry. I have only good intent when talking about the CMP, not sure where all that animosity from others is coming from, on either side. I simply have no axe to grind here, just on a fact finding road.

Please read item number 3 that CMP Admin posted. It seems my concern is grounded in policy. Perhaps I have focused on the term sequential too literally.
Some people take things way too seriously both on the admin and user side. Be patient and the 1911 karma gods will work in your favor. Your closer than the rest of the anxious heard.
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MikeGolf View Post

Good grief —- look at this diatribe you post. And then you wonder why people are dismissive of you? Has it even occurred to you that perhaps you are the problem? Maybe some introspection is in order.

Last edited by TN Squire; Today at 06:50 AM.
Old Today, 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=junnie;2045387] Damn how many did they manufacture ... total.... couple hundred thousand or more???????

Try 4.3 million.
Old Today, 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=llano52;2045636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by junnie View Post
Damn how many did they manufacture ... total.... couple hundred thousand or more???????

Try 4.3 million.
Well !!! I'm sure we can track down 1911s that were issued to 5th Marines Nam.

I'm still on my quest for a Belau Wood 5th Marines....