Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2021, 07:43 AM

Post End of Rock Chucker & Primers all over..CaseKicker Info

I have a Rock Chucker, and since 1968 have never had a satisfactory solution to primers going everywhere when de priming. Tried a lot of solutions ...no cigar.

I bought a solution from Inlinefabrications.com. THey make it for all versions of the Rock Chucker. I have bought a lot of items from this firm like roller handles and they sell great stuff.

I am here today to state, the solutions sold to me now captures 100 percent of primers and sends them down a tube into the trash can. I am stunned...and overjoyed.

Every time I list a link the moderators have issues so google this firm and check out the solution I just described for the Rock Chucker. End of a 52 year Pain In The Neck !!!!

I have a RCBS case kicker installed on this Rock Chucker and it still functions with this new primer capture device. No issues at all.

If you don't know what a case kicker is, its been out of production from RCBS for a few decades but Inline makes their version and its worth a look. If you go to You Tube and type in case kicker, you will see some videos of various types including the original RCBS version. If you have some banding material, you can fabricate one yourself and install in about any single stage press. I have a monstrous huge Herters Super "O" press of my fathers , I made a case kicker out of scrap material and rigged that old Herters up with one.

Case Kicker Give that a look, whether original RCBS, new versions or DIY fabricated, they save a step and are very handy. If anyone wants to see my set up, pm me with your ph. # and I'll text you photos.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM48YoWUrhE

Last edited by milprileb; 04-22-2021 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:02 AM

I just let them pile up on the floor. When they get too deep, I vacuum them up along with all the spilled powder. I know that will distress the purists. Good Shooting. ...
Old 04-22-2021, 08:06 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceresco View Post
I just let them pile up on the floor. When they get too deep, I vacuum them up along with all the spilled powder. I know that will distress the purists. Good Shooting. ...
That was my plight for over 50 years but its now in my rear view mirror.

One can only drop knowledge off at the door step. Up to each reloader to open door and have a look.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:18 AM

I keep getting no such address when I search inlinefabrications.com.....
Old 04-22-2021, 08:19 AM

I need to look at this more. I find primers all over from my RC press and I’ve tied adding various cardboard and other means to contain them but never found a good fix. I also like that case kicker contraption, that is new to me as well and while I don’t reload much handgun ammo I can see this being handy for the few rounds I do reload (38, 357, 44, 45 Colt and 454).

I see they mage a case ejector too...

inlinefabrication.com/products/3d-printed-improved-primer-catch-for-rcbs-rockchucker-supreme

Last edited by Quarterbore; 04-22-2021 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
I keep getting no such address when I search inlinefabrications.com.....
https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/rcbs
Old 04-22-2021, 08:25 AM

+1 on Inlinefabrication. I bought the primer capture system a few years ago and have been very pleased. Also bought the "case kicker" and a few other accessories for my Rock Chucker and happy with everything.

I just purchased their new "quick change" plate system so I could use their bench press mount and swap out the Rock Chucker and a Dillion 550 in a few minutes.

Highly recommend their products.
Appleseed Instructor
Old 04-22-2021, 08:46 AM

Most (but not all) of my reloading dies have the depriming function as part of the sizing die. To use them, I have to run the ram of my Herters press all the way up and then all the way down.

The problem that I have with punched out primers is not so much that they fall on the floor, but that they will get stuck in the ram mechanism and jam it up, causing me to have to work the handle up and down a few times for them to fall out. This is irritating when I have another case on the ram, and it "breaks my stride".

My solution to that problem was to get a Lee Universal depriming die. All it does is punch out the primers and I can control the arm to short stroke the ram, keeping the primers high in the slot, and not jamming. Every so often, I will run the handle all the way down and "hit the jackpot" on primers. Most of them fall into the waste can below the press. A whisk broom and dustpan takes care of the rest later.

After depriming all the cases in a given batch, I put them (unsized) in my sonic cleaner. Later, when I wish to size them, I don't have to deal with any primers jamming up the press.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:08 AM

Two things guys:

Case kicker works fine with 3006 brass

Lee or other brand De priming die work exceptionally well. I prefer to deprime as a separate stage for rifle cases but I admit , the reason is I only shoot long range these days (800/1000 yds) and do not care to deprime when I resize. Reason, I found decap rod over time would bend a little and that means crooked necks and half great ammo. The point though is Depriming dies work very well and is an option to look at.

I have been using the RCBS original Case Kicker since 1983...with total satisfaction.

If you use a single stage press for any tasks , a case kicker is worth a look...bought or home made. If home made, you got to fabricate the ramp and collection box of brass. That can be done with aluminum roof flashing very easily.

Good shooting all.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:28 PM

I have a Lee single stage press, I just put a large box on the floor, 99 of 100 drop into the box.