X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NuJudge
    • Nov 2009

.920 bull barrel for .22 Sporter match?

I have used a 10/22 with the original barrel, fitted with a revolver rear sight in the Open sight category. It sort-of works. I was just looking at the CMP .22 Sporter rules, and while they still require sporting configuration , I do not see mention of a ban on "Bull" barrels.

Tac Sol makes a steel lined aluminum bull barrel that appears to be lighter than the factory barrel, and it comes with open sights. Can I now use this in .22 Sporter Open sight class?
  • ceresco
    • Oct 2009

I have used a .920 barrel and Hogue overmoulded stock on my 10-22 for years in CMP RF (optical sight class) sporter. It makes weight and never any issue at inspection. Ruger makes or made a "squirrel" 10-22 with a heavy barrel--definantly a sporter. I have observed that almost any decent .22 is accurate enough for the RF sporter match. I would not want to show up with anything exotic unless it was previously cleared. Good Shooting....... Addendum......I have one of the Ruger with the thin steel barrel inside a big composite tube. It does not shoot very well..... My preference for the open sight class is a long barreled stainless 10-22, for the increased sight radius. I put a muzzle loader rear sight and plain blade front on It--no complaints here.
    Last edited by ceresco; 08-07-2022, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Bml
      • Mar 2019

I used the Tactical solutions aluminum sleeved barrel at CMP’s Arizona Games. Mine has a Fajen laminated stock and scope and still makes weight.

Comment

Working...
      X